Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Turnaround

Well, the weather did a turn for the better this evening. Yowza!! Beautiful out there. Maybe I'll get a little reprieve from these really bad hair days I've been experiencing. TOTALLY frizzy. :-) It's not pretty ...

 I ran with some of my peeps ... our last run as a group before Grandma's on Saturday.

(Randy, Tom, Andy, Noah)

We managed one hill "repeat".


Oh, my. What a weekend this is going to be. Like Melby said this evening at Brothers ... we have a perfect plan ... if it wasn't for this 26 mile race in the middle of it all!! Ha!! The Fab 5 is going to rock their 3:30 marathons. :-) Our merry little band of 22 revelers is going to have sooooooo much fun ...

Bri was there tonight with her amazingly bright pink new Newtons. They rock girlfriend!!


Morning workout: run to the Y, lift, talk, swim, run home. :-)

I went to Sterling Fruit Farm this afternoon to pick strawberries. Yum!!




I made a strawberry pie this afternoon. Tomorrow I'll make jam. I found a new glaze recipe online: 4 Tbsp. strawberry Jell-O, 4 Tbsp. cornstarch, 2/3 c. sugar, 1 cup water. Boil 1 minute. Cool. Tastes much better than the Junket and is much cheaper. Just after I finished picking, the heavens opened and it POURED.


My friend Jeanne is the R.D. for the Rochester Women's Race. She said that the awards this year (she always makes them ... all 30 or so!) are stools. Sounds cute! It's a really fun race gals ... I encourage you to participate. Young or more blessed in years.

Here are the promised images from Cooking Light last night. Sorry for the delay ...


It's late. I'm running early. Good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Renee,
Familie Schmitt had to move our website, so we're now located at http://myfamilieschmitt.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Jessica