Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away!!

What a gloomy weather weekend. I could really use a little sunshine. Sounds like we're not going to see any until Wednesday though. :-( But everything sure is green ...



and my watering chores have been virtually nil. It's been good for the perennials I just transplanted as well. No heat stress. :-)

I just went for a 5.72 mile walk. Took me 1:20. I think I was walking about 14 minute pace and it was a bit of a hilly route and I didn't take even one running stride, so it was a good walk. Listened to tunes. My morning workout was a run to the Y, lifted (good lifting session today), and an hour swim (good swim), followed by the 2 mile run home. I was chatting with Ben and Mike in the Fitness Center. I was copying down some info on a Kettle Ball (strength training/cardio) class starting up in the next 2 weeks (Tues AM, Wed noon, Thurs afternoon or Fri noon). I'm thinking of joining the Wed noon class. Anyway, Mike asked me if I was going to take it and I said, "Yes, I think I need more activities on my calendar." :-) Ben said, "Maybe you should just work out a little more." June 13, 2010 12:24 PM. We all laughed, especially me. I still laugh thinking about it. My mileage for last week was 77. I DON'T think I need to work out more. That doesn't count about 3-4 hours of swimming, 3 lifting sessions and a few bike miles (which will hopefully ramp up VERY soon).

Congrats to Mike Schmitt who participated in Trinona this morning. He said he took 20 minutes off his Kansas City tri time. Whoo hoo!! Excellent. He's doing Rochesterfest Tri next weekend.

Nixed the 5K this evening. Instead, spent the time in the kitchen making supper, which the boys really enjoyed so that made me happy. Salad for me (of course) ...


Eric really wanted to try Roasted Beets and Sweets and I didn't mind having the oven on for an hour today being it's so cool, so Beets 'n Sweets it was.


And since it was chilly, tomato and roasted red pepper soup with some fire-roasted corn thrown in.


Everyone seemed pleased with our repast. :-)

Tomorrow, my Cooking Light gals are coming here for dinner. Here's the menu:

Haitian Chicken Pate Puffs (p. 162) Margo
Wine Barbara
Roasted Corn and Radish Salad with Avocado-Herb Dressing (p. 220) Diane
Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Breasts (p. 221) Renee
Lemon Risotto with Peas, Tarragon, and Leeks (p 194) Mary
Spring Vegetable Skillet (p. 170) Pam
No-Knead Overnight Parmesan and Thyme Rolls (p. 130 of the April issue) Laura
Strawberry-Almond Cream Tart (p. 234) Kathryn
 
Well, that's all I know. Talk at you tomorrow!!

No comments: