Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another full day in the life of this blogger. Such is the case for many of my days. But I like it that way. And I'm most productive when I'm busy. Let's get going ...

First, here are some pix from photographers Melby, Li, Palmer, Nelson, Hemenway. Thank you for sharing.






Here is a link to Tom Woo's Med-City photos. Thanks for sharing all your pix, Tom!

I had lunch with friends Jeanne and Mary at TGI Friday's today. We always get together for birthdays, and it's always a lot of fun. Again, my camera isn't focusing properly. My apologies.

I had the lunch-sized pecan-crusted chicken salad. Ate the second half for supper. It was still tasty!


Well, it's not even close to my birthday, but they had this Noah's Ark print for me. I like all things Noah's Ark.


This evening, my friend Georgia ...


had invited me to a cookbook planning meeting meeting at Glynner's Pub. A cookbook is going to be made to raise money for ALS. A mutual friend, Troy Reinke, died of this disease 3 1/2 years ago. I'm going to help them gather recipes (you can email them to me!), both from local "celebrities" and anyone else who'd like to contribute. And I'll post something here when the cookbooks are available for purchase. It sounds like a fun project.

Tomorrow, Team R.E.D. is gathering at the Bear's Den in Byron at 6 pm for a run or walk and social time following. Feel free to join in the fun. Membership is not required. Speaking of Team R.E.D., I'll be hosting (hostessing?) the run/social time at my house on 6/24. All are welcome to join in the fun! So put it on your calendars. :-) I'd love to have a HUGE crowd.

I neglected to mention that TNT (Thurs Night Tri) is at Foster Arend's beach. More info on the TriRochester website.

BTW: Grandma's Marathon closed for new registrations at midnight last night.

Heard from my son Eric who's in Costa Rica THREE times already. :-) That makes a mom very happy. All is well, people are friendly, and he's going to start exploring the countryside and then help me plan my trip down there.

My appetite is returning. I must say that 3 days of eating extremely light made me feel thin and gave me a super-flat tummy. But like all things, this too shall pass. :-)

Time to get busy with other things.

Enjoy! Whatever it is that you enjoy!

1 comment:

Tiffany P said...

Hi Renee! It was nice seeing you yesterday! I hope to see you out on the trails or at TNT -- that is, if I can keep up my training! :)