Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hey there, hi there, ho there!!

Just a quick post for now...

Beauty of a summer day today. A good crowd gathered at the RAC this morning for the kickoff of the 2010 fall marathon training season.






Dan S. and Randy M. ...



are now in charge of the course and water stops. Their inaugural run went off without a hitch I'd say. There was a good crowd for the steamy 7 AM run to and around Silver Lake. Peg and Wally Arnold were spotted at the south side of Silver Lake setting up for a race.




Someone said Get Your Rear in Gear is what I believe I overheard. I got in just over 10 miles and I was ready to be done. There were treats to be consumed afterwards. And then breakfast at the Crown.



Later in the day I got in a 20 mile bike ride.




VERY hilly. But good. Very good. I was sweating like a piglet under the intense afternoon sun. I'm thinking I need to change up my saddle. I have some issues ... On tap for tomorrow, a 9 AM 30 mile EASY ride with Trevor, Randy and maybe lovable Matt. :-) Although I think he mentioned wanting to watch some Formula One race on TV at that time. We'll see.

Well, time to put the chicken on the fire. Literally. Yum.

Talk at you tomorrow. Ciao.

No comments: