Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Out.Of.Gas.

Totally. Still. Just don't have much in the tank. And after a couple of people suggested what occurred on Monday might have been the result of heat illness, I decided to get on Mayoclinic.com and look into it. Here are the symptoms of heat illness:

■Cool, moist skin with goose bumps when in the heat
■Heavy sweating
■Faintness
■Dizziness
■Fatigue
■Weak, rapid pulse
■Low blood pressure upon standing (didn't take my BP, but I remember being dizzy upon standing up)
■Muscle cramps
■Nausea
■Headache

The ones in blue I know I have or had. The others, I can't remember for sure. So ... I think they may be on to something. And I'm on the mend, but should not overdo it. I know I suffer in the heat, but this one has really thrown me for a loop. And I need to start eating.

So what did I do this morning (OK, I'm going to be busted after this mention)? I ran 10 miles. In this terrible humidity. Ran with Bruce and Lisa. Greeted Nick Payne as he was scooting along on 14th St NW. After a look at him, I felt like I was barely moving. Greeted Ian Lanza back at Soldier's Field.

A HUGE congratulations to Noah Retka.


He told us last night at the hill workout that he's been accepted into medical school at UMD. I'm very happy for him! But we will miss him around here. He's been a huge help to me at races, and he's just an all-around nice guy. But we wish you every success as you embark upon this transition in your life and we hope that you come back and visit once in a while. :-) I managed to barely get up the hill 5 times. The other guys ran really strong, despite the heat and humidity and rain.

I did have a P.R. of sorts on Monday ... 280 hits on this little blog of mine. Wow! And 224 yesterday. Thanks so much for stopping by.

TriRochester news and notes: T.N.T. (Thursday Night Triathlon) starts tomorow night at 6:30. I'm conflicted ... I really enjoy both Thursday night activities: Team R.E.D. and the TNTs. I'll have to see how things shake out for me. It won't work to do both on any given evening. The Glynner's social time will be starting up again, beginning tomorrow night. Plan to arrive around 8 pm. You don't need to be a TriRoch member to attend.

A reminder that Chester Woods 10 mile and 5K is on Saturday. I'm sure Jim would like to see you there, either as a volunteer or runner. My Saturday plans are still tentative. I have to see how the week shakes out and how my body recovers.

My cousin Cindy and her son Beau are here in Rochester for a few days. Cindy will be staying with me while Beau has jaw surgery at Mayo. I'll try to get a pic of her to post.

Well, time is awaistin' and I better get ready for work.

Toodles.

No comments: