Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Counting Down ...

The days and hours until Grandma's are dwindling. The forecast is looking favorable compared to the last several years. Yahoo!! Now I wish I was running the whole thing. But ... I'm not. Half it will be!!

Friday and Friday Night
Partly cloudy. Highs 78 to 83. Lows 53 to 58. West winds 10 to 20 mph.

Saturday and Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Highs 72 to 77. Lows 52 to 57.

I ran this morning, but now I'm done. Today I made some banana bread (for Duluth) ..


and blueberry bread (for Duluth ... a new recipe).


And supper. Salad. Brussels Sprouts. Risotto.


And some bread with fresh strawberry jam.





Tomorrow I'll make cookies. Then we're good to go. :-)

Here's a little recap of our Wednesday morning route ... We leave from the Y. Today it was just Lisa and myself.


Then we head north through downtown on 3rd Ave.


On 6th Ave, we pass Ladies Fashion Palace. :-)


Then it's up to Cascade Creek.

And through the neighborhood, up Asissi to 19th St NW.


Then it's through the Elton Hills neighborhood.


Which dumps us out on Elton Hills Drive.


Then we head east, passing over the river.


We stopped at Dunn Bros. for a couple of minutes. I got a drink of water.


Then ... on to Kellogg.


There's a public sidewalk running between two houses ... 16th St and 11th Ave NE.


Lots of pretty flowers on the route.



Then we head down 14th Ave looping around to 11th Ave.


This is Lisa's house to be, currently Noah's. :-)


Then back to the Y via 9th St SE.





That's it!

Here's a photo from Jim Benike for the Special Olympics Torch Run. Here's what he said, "26.5 miles , a little long. Zumbrota covered bridge in the background. $10 with a T shirt and aid plus a ride back to Rochester. Tuesday, 6.15.10"





That's Jim in the middle and K.C. Reed on the right.

I'm fading fast ... so I'll wrap this up. Good night. :-)

No comments: