Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summertime!!

Summertime .... and the livin' is easy. Wow. Isn't this weather GREAT?? I'm lovin' the cooler temps and lower humidity. Yesterday was a great day to work outside. I got the lawn mowed, vacuumed out my car, made Eric a loaf of blueberry bread ...


 and just puttered around. It was great. Morning workout: run to the Y, lift, swim, run home. My legs have been cramping fits lately, and not just while on the roads (running or biking). I'm not sure what all is going on. But I didn't have a cramping episode in the pool, so I was glad about that.

Sunday evening we gathered at John and Lucy Shonyo's beautiful home in the country north of Oronoco for a Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer get-together. What a nice evening. The skies cleared in time for us to enjoy the evening on the deck.




 John is a beekeeper.



Last night, I went with some friends down to Harmony to have dinner at Quarter/quarter, a restaurant owned and operated by chef Stephen Larson.



It was a lovely meal.







I've gotten 94 miles on my new bike and have decided that I need to try another saddle, so that's on the agenda for today. A stop at Roch Cycling & Fitness.

I've noticed that the blackcap raspberries are starting to ripen. Yum! They're DELISH!! Brings my average pace down during a run, though. :-)

Gotta run. Later!!!

No comments: