Saturday, October 1, 2011

Gearing Up

Tomorrow I'm running what I consider to be my first race of the year. I "participated" in a triathlon a while back, but that was a disaster. And I ran a 10K back in January (in the middle of a 20-mile run) and ran a 5K in February (the day after a 20-mile run). So ... I'm not expecting great things, or a great time, out of my body, or my mind for that matter, tomorrow. I've been injured too much of the year and have done no speedwork. So I'll just do my best and hope it goes OK. And hoping to beat last year's 1:27:30 when I was dragging my left leg along as I had a pulled hamstring.

Yesterday noon, Amy and I went up to the expo to pick up 7 packets.



Spotted at the expo, in order of appearance, were Peg Arnold, Wally Arnold, ...


Lisa Finstuen, Pete Martin, Carrie Tollefson (she recognized me!). My only purchase ...


a headband. But I stopped in Running Room today and picked up some asics 2160s which are $79.99.


After leaving the expo, we went across the street to Cossetta for lunch. Yum!! I had a slice of cheese pizza.



It's got a wonderful Italian market next to the restaurant.




Today's market? The Rochester Downtown Farmer's Market which was a beehive of activity on a beautiful early fall morning.


My purchases included potatoes, leeks, kohlrabi, bread, butternut and delicata squash.



I'm thinking some potato leek soup might be right delicious this week. However, the temps are forecast to be mid-70s with sunshine which isn't exactly soup weather but I'll take it!!!

No running today. No running yesterday. I feel like a SLUG!!! Good luck to all of you running TC10 or TCM yesterday. Looks to be a spectacular day for a distance run. Speaking of which ... Sharon asked me to update the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon website, which I did. And it's now open for registration. I sent mine in today. The 2012 race is being run in memory of Paul Melby, which is mentioned on the website.

Well, I'm going to floss and brush and get ready to call it a day in the next couple hours. The car pool (me, Woo, O'Leary, Mary C. and Anne) lifts off from Hobby Lobby at 4 bells. A very early start to the day.

Happy fall, and good night.

2 comments:

Diablo III items said...

Such a nice post, I loved the idea a lot! Is extremely good fashion sense! Fantastic images! Buy diablo 3 Gold
Guild wars 2 CD KEY kaufen

cheap fifa coins said...

This kind of great story.. Sophie most of us really like work, that always assist help remind most of us to find out every day factors together with numerous take a look at!

fifa 14 coins
lol boosting
buy fifa 14 coins