Sunday, October 16, 2011

SOLD, Redux

So. Back to last week. First showing of the house was 7:15 PM Wednesday, the evening it was officially listed. Three showings Thursday morning. Two showings Thursday afternoon, both second showings. One call was "I want to show it immediately." So I grabbed my shoes and was out the door putting my shoes on as I left. I found out there would be at least one offer, which came Friday. (The other people weren't expecting to find a house they liked and didn't have their financing in order yet.) Full price offer. Closing November 18. Wow. Exciting, but it caught me so off guard. With the average time on market in Rochester of about 6 months, I wasn't expecting to decide where I'd live next for a while yet. But that wasn't to be. So now I'm dealing with "Where next?" And that's still TBD. Stay tuned.

Friday was spent getting ready for Saturday's breakfast run (and pondering everything that is involved in selling a house, finding another residence, and moving). I brought 7 bags of leaves to the compost ...


made Butternut Squash soup (with potatoes and leeks) for supper (DELICIOUS recipe ... thanks Margo!) ...


and lots of baking for Saturday, including these caramel pecan cinnamon rolls.






And blueberry scones.


And lots of cookies.


I think 30 people made an appearance at one time or another on Saturday morning, though not all were there for the lift off picture.


Steve and K.C. popped in for just a minute.


The food was plentiful and delicious. Thank you everyone for your contributions!!







Thank you to everyone that showed up!! What a fun morning.





After getting the house cleaned up, and resting for a minutes (I'd been on my feet all day) I headed out for a run hoping to get in a long one but not knowing how it would go being I hadn't slept much and the wind was blowing HARD again. But I just kept running circles around the hill until I had in 20.33 miles. 3:09. Not super fast, but I ran a marathon last weekend and 69 miles last week. Good enough. I was tired when I was done. When I returned, Dad and Ada were here. Ada and I went to Trader Joe's for a few things for supper. Eric and Alley arrived just before dinner. It was great to have them here with us.



Today Jenni and the kids came over for the afternoon. Such cute kids. We had a lovely relaxing afternon after having chicken wild rice soup, Brussels sprouts and bread for lunch. And cherry pie for dessert.




I love my family. <3


Well, I really need to call it a day. It's been a very busy few days and life will only get busier. Good night.

No comments: