Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Waiting ... and waiting ...

Seems that's all I'm doing lately. And getting tired of it. Not much to share on the home front.

I ran 10.04 miles this morning. There's kind of a stiff breeze from the NE, but all in all, for late October in Minnesota, it was nice. Yesterday I gave my running muscles a break and lifted and swam in the morning and went for a 30 mile bike ride late afternoon. It was nice to be out on the bike again. It's been a while.

Tomorrow night: Book Club. Reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot. Here's a 100,000 foot view of the story: "Henrietta was the involuntary donor of cells from her cancerous tumors that have been cultured to create an immortal cell line for medical research. These so-called HeLa cells have not only generated billions of dollars for the medical industry; they have helped uncover secrets of cancers, viruses, fertilization, cloning, and gene mapping." I'm just over half done (and probably won't finish) and it's pretty slow going. A little too much cellular info and the story is dragging. But we'll see how the discussion goes. Thursday: Working the Section 1A cross country meet. Then there are two options: Team R.E.D. or TriRochester at Glynner's (or the couch at home!). Saturday: I believe I heard Jean say that OSS is at Newt's north. And Matt's friend Whitney posted this on my FB wall: On Saturday my nursing program is holding a little event ... you can run as fast or slow as you want, you can wear a costume or not, there will be prizes and treats. The cost is 10 dollars and it supports the Nursing college board at the U of M rochester. I would love to see you there and bring all your running buddies too. Registration starts at 9AM down at solider fields park.

Sorry I'm short on news. But that's the way it goes some days. Have a good one. : )

No comments: