Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So Little Time

Life seems a blur these days. So much to do. So much going on. And seemingly little time to get everything accomplished.

Yesterday started with lifting and swimming at the Y. After work, a stop by Great Harvest and then my brother's house to see Kaleigh get on the bus for kindergarten.



Then a trip to Trader Joe's to get some things for supper. My dad and Ada, my brother and his kids, Matt and I all ate together. We had peppercorn and garlic-crusted pork tenderloin, a wild rice pilaf, green beans amandine and Great Harvest honey whole wheat bread. Brownies and ice cream for dessert. Pretty good meal.

After supper, we were off to John Marshall H.S. for Matt's end-of-student-teaching directing opportunity. He directed the ninth grade band for a piece called Rhythm Stand by Jennifer Higdon. I was so proud. He was so cool, calm and collected. Nothing like I'd have been in his position. This photo was during the practice run-through.


Now he's back in Winona and student teaching elementary students in Lewiston.

This morning brought a 12 mile run for me. Nice morning. First run in pants for the season, but I think I could have gotten away with shorts. This afternoon I swept all the leaves out of the garage (these brisk NW winds fill it in no time) and put the glass in the storm door on the front. Seems like I just put in the screen.

Well, time to roast some "sweets" (sweet potatoes) for supper. Have a good evening.

Later ...........

No comments: