Thursday, October 6, 2011

Paint

I feel like I'm painting in my sleep these days ... not enough sleep, too much paint, and not enough time to enjoy this beautiful weather!! But, I think I'm done painting. Here are the kitchen before and after ...




After the wallpaper was removed


and dining room before and after. The dining room is the biggest change, as there was a very busy colonial wallpaper on top before painting.



After the wallpaper was removed

Before the window toppers were added back
The painting went well and went quickly. It was all the prep that was time consuming and not very much fun. I am very happy with the results. Just in time for Cooking Light to be at my house on Monday. Here is the menu:

Appetizer: Marinated Peppers and Mozzarella (Kathryn)
Main dish: Cheese and Pear Pork p. 150 (Renee)
Side: Buttermilk-Blue Cheese Smashed Potatoes p. 168 (Margo)
Salad: Autumn Apple Spinach Salad ... feel free to substitute something for the bleu cheese ... this is the third dish with that in it http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/autumn-apple-spinach-salad-10000000701044/  (Oct 2004) (Laura)
Bread: Walnut bread http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/walnut-bread-10000001932611/  (Nov 2009) (Diane)
Dessert: Salted Caramel Brownies p. 110 (Barbara)
Wine (whoever would like to bring some)

Bleu cheese seems to be a common theme in the menu. Hope everyone likes bleu cheese. :-)


Morning workout: 6.04 miles. Beautiful morning. Slept in.

I am looking forward to plunking down on the couch and reading the paper, so that's what I'll go do.

Good night ...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend....you either have a ghost in your house or you need to clean your camera lens! The dining room looks so elegant without the wallpaper. Nice job!

~Leslie