Thursday, September 30, 2010

Run.Eat.Drink. Two Out of Three Ain't Bad.

Well, it was actually Walk.Eat.Drink. followed by a one mile run. But it was a FUN walk!! Dave Duncan agreed to be my walking buddy.


I think the order in the photo below, left to right, is Annette, Dave, me (looks like I have one arm) and Erin.


We walked 2.75 miles. And did lots of laughing. : ) We probably averaged about 14-15 minute pace, but at times we were moving at a pretty good clip. Pace is in the lower left.

And ... I am still undecided about Sunday. I know I can cover the distance with a walk/run, but it also would be fun to be on the sidelines cheering for everyone doing the 10-mile ... cuz they'll all finish before me. Decisions, decisions.

There was a pretty good crowd at The Den tonight.


And food and fun inside afterwards.







A couple more RSVPs for OSS on October 9 ... Pete Martin and Marilee. Remember ... you are welcome to come even if you don't RSVP but I just want to get a handle on how much food I will need. So come on out!!

I got this bike route map from Dave Halloway, who works at Bicycle Sports. It's a route to/from Lake City. I don't know ... with all the problems with flooding and road closures, this might not work for tomorrow.

But ... maybe.

I sucked one of Eric's socks into the vacuum cleaner this afternoon (he really should pick up after himself) and in the process, broke the belt on my vacuum.


After R.E.D. I stopped to get a belt. But I hadn't brought the old one with me and got one slightly too small. I'll have to try again tomorrow. With the old one in hand.

I almost forgot ... this morning's workout was 2 hours on the Stairmaster. Went better than Tuesday.

Still awaiting news of the arrival of the little Schmitt Princess. :-) (Jessica and Mike's baby is due date-5 today ...)

Until tomorrow, sweet dreams.

No comments: