Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hey, there ...

Yes, I am still alive. :-) I'm just taking some down time. I've not exercised at all in several days and I'm going to try a little running in the morning and I hope it goes well. In my movements in everyday life, it (my hamstring) is definitely feeling better.

The Mayo Open CC race was held on Thursday evening. I didn't run (of course) and haven't seen the results yet, but hope the turnout was good and everyone was happy with their race. Tom O' said the turnout for Team R.E.D. was very good and they overwhelmed the Wicked Moose with the goingson after the race.

The September Running Room eMag is available for download for your reading pleasure.

Breakfast Runs

Rochester: On October 9, the Off-Season Striders will resume activity. It's the week following TCM.  John asked me if I'd like to host a breakfast run at my house the first week ... you betcha!! I did last season (both fall and winter). Stay tuned for more info. The menu will likely be the same as it was then ... egg bake, steel cut oats, fruit, baked goods.



Jean has graciously agreed to bring coffee again which helps out a lot. There's nothing I like better than a house full of friends and the opportunity to prepare food for all of them. You're welcome to come whether you choose to run/walk or not.

St. Cloud: Ron Stock turned 50 earlier in September and I turn 50 mid-November. A while back he asked if I was interested in a joint breakfast/birthday celebration sometime between our birthdays. You betcha!! So a while back, we agreed on October 30 and it's still a go. I believe the plan is to host it at Ron and Bonnie's, but you River Runner bleaders ... stay tuned for more info both here and on the River Runner website and in the River Runner October newsletter.

The magic number is 6. GO TWINS!! They're playing well and I'm hoping it continues.

Eric and I are going to the Vikings game on 9/26 with Tod and Meg and I look forward to that as well. They play the Lions and I hope they don't embarass themselves with a loss. :-(

I haven't heard any baby news yet, but a new (female) Schmitt family member should be arriving pretty soon. I'll give you the scoop as soon as I hear something. I'm sure Jessica, Mike and Benjamin are eagerly awaiting the baby's arrival. Mike said they're not sharing the name yet, but it is for sure a little girl. The first in a long time in the Schmitt family.

Well, that's about it. Quote for the day: "A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." --Sir Winston Churchill

Toodles.

No comments: