Sunday, September 5, 2010

Suddenly It's Sunday ...

... and there's a new runner in Rocester. Hannah Grace Koch was born to Chris and Tab early this morning. Congratulations to the very happy new parents. :-)

... and not much is new or noteworthy in my life. Morning workout: Walked to the Y to lift and swim for an hour. Tried a little running downhill. My stride has to be very short and I can't lift my left foot much without causing pain. I caught my toe a little bit and I think I tweaked my hamstring a little bit again. I'm thinking that this running season might be toast the way it's going. Walked home after lifting/swimming. This afternoon Matt (youngest son) and I went for a 30.69 mile bike ride. Matt is in REALLY good shape. He could have ridden me into the ground so easily today, but he didn't. Granted, he's 28 years younger, male, and he rode 50 miles yesterday to my 100. But ... he's also in really good shape and riding very strong. I asked if he was one of the strongest riders in the WSU bike club and he said yes. I believe it. I'm flattered that he wants me to ride with the club Tuesday at 4:00. :-)

The Y pool is closed this week for cleaning, so I'm going to have to go elsewhere to swim. It looks like it's going to be Tuesday and Friday 11:30 to 1:15 at the Rec Center. We have use of the Doubletree and Soldier's Field Best Western pools, but I have a feeling they're very small. The Rec Center looks to be the best alternative.

Jean Murray send this link to a YouTube video called My Morning Run. Jim Benike also sent it last week as an email attachment and I couldn't figure out how to download it. I should have thought to look on YouTube ... you can find just about anything there. Anyway, these guys must be part reptile. They're grabbing on building ledges, landing on railings, ... it's pretty incredible.

Help is needed at the City of Lakes 25K water stop. If you can help out, please email Peg Arnold. Thanks!!

Anita Baugh made mention of this site in the St. Cloud River Runners September newsletter. Rankings of Minnesota Runners. Of course it all depends on what races you run. Here's the link.

Chad and Nikki from St. Cloud are going to be at the Twins game tomorrow too. I think I'll mosey on over and say hi. Look for pix tomorrow!

Only one photo to post today ... my Georgia Chopped Pork sandwich at Famous Dave's. Went there for Matt's Birthday.


Until tomorrow ...

No comments: