Monday, September 27, 2010

Tri As I Might ...

I completed a triathlon of sorts today. It started with lifting at the Y followed by a one hour swim. Then late afternoon a 31.25 mile bike ride (windy from the SW). Then about 8:00 this evening a 5.27 mile "run" (my pace is hardly a "run" but I'll take what I can get). This was the best I've felt running in the last 5 weeks. If I was really ambitious I'd get on the Stairmaster, but I'm not that ambitious. : ) Came home and stretched and iced.

I rode through Rock Dell. Sometime I'm going to check out this creamery. They sell some dairy products.


Twelve of us River Runners (Anita,Linda, Renee, Molly, Jason, Rick, Paul, Shannon, Wanda, Buddy, Jackie, Val) are dining at La Cucina Di Nonna Rosa's Ristorante (Nonna Rosa's for short) on Saturday evening. Should be fun!! Bloggable for sure. Lots of people from Rochester are running either the 10 mile or the marathon as well. There will be lots of familiar faces on the course.

One of my River Runner friends, Lisa, had a nice article in the St. Cloud Times. It's about training. Read it here.

I went to Sam's Club after work. They're remodeling and stuff has been moved around. My purchases ... totally healthy. Totally delicious.



John Shonyo has been working on the Lace-Up half marathon route. Here's the latest incarnation: Lace-Up Half.

I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight. A Cooking Light recipe called Golden Corn Salad with Fresh Basil. Very good. Very easy. Potatoes, fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, salad greens/basil and a dressing containing shallots, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, s/p.



Delish! And healthy. That and some honeydew melon and strawberries and a slice of whole wheat bread with plum jam ... fab.u.lous.

I'll leave the rest for tomorrow. Time to hit the hay. Good night!!

No comments: