Sunday, September 26, 2010

Finally ... A Win!!

And they're now 1 - 2 on the season. The Vikes beat the Lions 24-10 at the dome today. Eric and I met up with Tod and Mitch Belrichard between the 5 and 10 yard lines in row 6. Good seats!!

Tod, Mitch, Eric and I
Even the walk from the parking ramp was interesting. The tailgating was more intense that I could possibly have imagined.






The Vikings entered the field with a literal bang. Favre, of course, got lots of cheers.


 It was yet another sellout crowd. 63,000+ loud, cheering, purple-clad fans in attendance.

 And the cheerleaders, of course.


It was fun to see the players up close on our end of the field.



Adrian Peterson had the longest run of his career.


It was a fun afternoon, and fun to finally get that first win of the season. : )

Matt rode in his first bike race yesterday. I can't remember the name of it, but it took place east of Alma, WI and was 50 miles. He said it had 3 climbs about the equivalent of Garvin Heights and he rode it in 2 hrs 35 minutes and was happy with that. I am very proud of him!!

The Section 1A is taking place Thursday, October 28 at Northern Hills golf course. John Resman is the meet director and is looking for volunteers. You need to be there about 3:30 for 2 hours. I've helped him out for many years at the finish line doing tear tags. It's a lot of fun (especially if it's not raining : ) And I will be there again this year. If you would like to help out, you can email John.

Several of my St. Cloud River Runner friends ran in Akron, OH this weekend. And they ran VERY well. Check out their results on the River Runner website.

I'm most likely not going to run TC10 next weekend. I could probably walk/run the distance, but my time would be a total embarassment. But I'm going to road trip it in any case. My St. Cloud friend Anita has a room and Anita, Val, Shannon and I will be sharing it. I'll be going to dinner with all of them (there are others racing as well, staying separately) and cheering for all my friends, from St. Cloud and Rochester, if I'm not running. Cheering for the marathoners in either case. It will be fun no matter what I decide to do.

Well, I'm absolutely beat today and feel the need for sleep. Good night.

No comments: