Monday, September 6, 2010

Twins Win!!

It was a fun, though slightly wet, day at Target Field today. What a great stadium! I'll start at the beginning ...

The day started sometime about 7:15 with a 38 mile bike ride (High Forest loop).


It was a nice morning for a ride. I could see some rain clouds approaching so I knew it was a good idea to bring umbrellas to the game. More on that in a bit. To the two gals who greeted me by name on County 8 ... sorry I didn't get a good look at who you were!! But I did say hi. :-)

Then home for a shower and oatmeal before departing for the bus. We headed for the KROC parking lot only to find ... no bus in the parking lot. Uh oh. I looked at our tickets again ... MEET AT GANDER MOUNTAIN. In all caps. How did I miss that?? I'll digress here ... there can be such a dichotomy in my actions. I like to be organized and have a plan ... yet when I leave the house to run or bike (or CATCH A BUS!) I often do so without any plan in mind. And I frequently keep running or biking until I get to an even mileage marker, or make note of my mileage to the hundredth of a mile, yet I don't keep track of my workouts in a spreadsheet like so many others do (Dan Strain!!). I sometimes even forget to jot them down in my spiral notebook. I'm predictably unpredictable I guess. Anyway, we dashed up to Gander Mountain and were there in time to board the bus. Actually, boarding started at 10:30 and we arrived at 10:33 to find the bus nearly full already. When I got out of the car I heard, "Hi, Renee!" Guess who? The very fun and nice Tracy McCray, radio personality and Post-Bulletin columnist.


So we hopped on the bus, and soon were off to the cities. Here's birthday boy Matt and his very nice friend Jackie.

I worked on the quilt on the bus.  I got the quilt binding finished on the ride home. Hip, hip hooray!

It seemed like no time at all until we were downtown Mpls at the new Target Field. What a great baseball venue, even with the cloudy, dreary, cool day. We entered the stadium near the left field light rail gate.

Our seats were in section 239 in right field. As is so often the case with me, I can't go anywhere without seeing someone I know. Sitting right behind us ... Dave Greymont and his wife. We chatted for a couple minutes.


A couple of friends from St. Cloud, Chad and Nikki, were at the game too so I went over to say howdy. They had awesome seats ... row 19 section 115, directly behind home plate. I'd snuck some cookies into the game for them ... they were so excited!! That was fun. I guess they'd been postulating as to whether I'd have some cookies with me ... :-)

Their view of the game!
The Twins held on for a 5-4 win over K.C. ... back to back home runs by Kubel and Thome in the 5th.


It rained some during the game. I'd brought 2 umbrellas and there were other umbrellas up as well. A few innings into the game someone came around and said that umbrellas were not allowed unless the game was in a rain delay. :-( So they had to go and we had to endure the rain, sans rain ponchos.

The food looked mighty tasty, but I didn't buy anything. It's pretty spendy and I just wasn't very hungry. It was $1 Dugout Dog Day so Matt got a couple of hot dogs and Jackie got one too. We did stop at Panera for some supper after we got back to Roch. I got a U-Pick 2 (BBQ chicken salad and turkey sandwich) but brought the sandwich home. Just not hungry today for some reason.

When we got home, Matt wanted his hair buzzed (I thought 1/2" was short enough!) so I did that, loaded Matt and Jackie up with some treats and sent them on their way.

A good day. :-) Happy Birthday, Matt! I love you.

No comments: