Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some Measure of Success

Well, I logged about 12 miles today. About half running, half walking. But I feel good about it. It was slow, and not without some aches and pains, but way more than I thought I was capable of. So I'm happy about it. Also took a dip in the pool. ;-) Will try running again tomorrow.

My friend Kathy Carlson wrote about her Ironman Wisconsin experience on the Du Tri Saint Cloud website. What a great story. I am so very proud of her accomplishment. 13:52:51 was her finish time. First Ironman. Absolutely fantastic.

I got some pretty sweet black Pikolinos boots today. Totally, ummm .... groovy. :-)


Delicious lunch ... some spectacular strawberries, yogurt and some crumbled Trader Joe's Crispy Oatmeal Cookies on top.



Running opportunites this week ... progressive run in the morning at O'Leary's, Team R.E.D. on Thursday (inappropriate T-shirt night), Saturday long run at the RAC. Check the Team R.E.D. blog for thescoop, the whole scoop and nothing but the scoop.

Twins just clinched the division after the White Sox lost. Hip, hip, hooray!! Go TWINS!!

Talk to you soon. Good night.

2 comments:

Team R.E.D. said...

that progress is exciting to hear! Just temper it.. go slow and easy until all is well!

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
OMG, that is a wonderful video! I ended up crying like a baby:) It is so inspirational...thanks for sharing!