Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Beautiful!

Just got home from book club and thought I'd do a quick post before going to bed. The book was Half the Sky about the plight of women around the world. I did not read the book. There was lots of discussion. And lots of good food. :-) I'll post more photos tomorrow.


There was a nice article in the Post-Bulletin last night about Ed and Peggy running TCM for their animal friends. Two VERY nice people. :-)

Workouts today: AM brought lifting (and too much talking!) at the Y followed by an hour swim. PM brought a 54.67 mile bike ride.



A beautiful day for late September. I left in mid afternoon (I just had to get a nap in) and allowed myself enough time to ride 50 miles before I needed to get home to change and make a salad and a plate of goodies for book club.




Guess what? I had 6 minutes 2 seconds to spare and got in an extra 4.67 miles (total of 54.67). I'll post my route tomorrow, but basically it was Salem Corners, Byron, Pine Island, Byron, Salem Corners and home. Windy, but there's nothing I could do about that. There's an interesting sign on County 5 just south of Pine Island.



I might go back and check it out. $4 for a bag of apples seems like a pretty good deal. :-)

Getting more RSVPs for OSS on 10/9 ... Tom O, Dave D, Dave P, Kathy T, John S, Jean M. ...

After a hiatus I am going to drop in on Team R.E.D. tomorrow at the Bear's Den. Dave D. said he will walk with me, but only if I promise to NOT RUN as he's tapering for the marathon on Sunday. I gave him my promise!! So ... walk we will, Dave. :-)

It's late and I'm tired. AGAIN. I'll talk at you more tomorrow. G'night!

2 comments:

Team R.E.D. said...

Awesome! See you at R.E.D.!!!!!! Yes! We love ya Renee!

Ramblin' Renee said...

See you later alligator. :-)