Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Journeys

Life is a journey. Sometimes the road is straight. Sometimes it's filled with twists and turns, roadblocks and dead ends. I heard about this very inspirational YouTube video the other day. It's certainly worth the 5 minutes it takes to watch.



My day brought a 7.2 mile morning run (s-l-o-w) and about 4 miles of walking. I'm a bit sore (hamstring attachment point) tonight so as I type this I'm sitting on an ice pack.

Today we bid adieu to summer and now welcome the sights and smells of autumn, one of my favorite times of year. I like the beautiful colors of the leaves on the trees, the crunch of leaves underfoot, the cool/crisp mornings and evenings. We will also have a full moon early Thursday morning.

For those running a TCM race on Saturday, be it the marathon or 10-miler, I think it's gate 232 (upstairs) at the dome where the Rochester runners have been meeting for many, many years. I haven't decided if I will go up to watch and socialize or if I will just stay home. I guess I have a week to decide.

Supper this evening was DELISH. Salmon, jasmine brown rice and stuffed acorn squash.


My usual morning breakfast ... oatmeal. But today, with a peach on top. : )


I also made a pan of bars and a few cookies. Life is good. : )

Good night.

No comments: