Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This, That and the Other Thing

Not a real newsworthy day, but there's a little this, a little that to share with my bleaders. :-)

Morning workout: 4 running miles, lifted, 45 minutes in the pool. Evening workout: 1.5 hours on the Stairmaster, 1.5 hours reading old Runners' World (it's the ONLY way I get caught up on my magazines). Just reading the October 2009 issue now. :-) I have a lot more energy today than I did yesterday.

Blog hits yesterday: 190! What's with THAT? Yowza!!

No Off-Season Striders run on Saturday. Run the Bear Creek 5 instead. More info on the RTC website. Also, John could use someone out on the course at the turnaround point. If you can help out, email him. At Great Harvest from 8 to 10:30 Saturday morning, free pancake breakfast to celebrate their 6th anniversary. Yum!

I stopped at Walmart after work. In the time it took to ring up my purchases (not that much), I found out that that the clerk ... lived in a mobile home which she needs to sell really quick because she found the perfect house and needs to close soon but can't make two house payments and the mobile home isn't in a good neighborhood and she tried to list it on Craigslist for three hours and she's not sure if it listed or not and she got all confused using Craigslist and she's going to tell her neighbors that she wants to sell the home and maybe they can help find a buyer. Whew! She asked me how I was. I said "ok".

I looked through the Halloween stuff which is now 50% off. There's still lots of costume stuff left. I thought these might have a (im)practical application at Team R.E.D. sometime. $1.50.





Team R.E.D. is running from the Bear's Den tomorrow night. Tom O' said they're having a business meeting of sorts ... to discuss attire for the Living History Farms race on November 20.

My lucky day: I pulled into the courthouse parking lot and the parking space I chose had 28 minutes left on the meter. :-)

I picked up some ALS cookbooks from my friend Georgia after I left the courthouse. They included maybe 8 or so of my recipes.



You can contact Georgia if you'd like one. They're $18. Great Christmas gifts and you're supporting ALS (Lou Gherig's disease) research at the same time.

I got 30 cookies delivered to Michelle this evening for her to take to TX on Friday for her daughter Maron's 6th birthday.


The cookie count continues to climb. Almost 5100 for 2010. It would be interesting to see all that butter, sugar, flour, eggs, chocolate piled in one big pile.

Here's a couple more "kid pix" to fill out the post ...




Until tomorrow ... good night.

No comments: