Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pickups and Deliveries

There have been quite a few of each of those in the last few days, and I believe they all involve food. Starting with yesterday morning at the Y ...


It was Kevin's 29th birthday and I thought he needed some cookies. He chose chocolate chocolate chunk. Good choice! Kevin works the early morning shift in the fitness center.

Sunday evening brought a delivery of The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies to Panera for the Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer meeting.

Lin, Angie, Laura, John, Jessica


Amy, John, Lin
Registration is OPEN!! Go to the website for all the race info, including registration info (paper or online). Also, the giveaway will be embroidered fleece scarves this year, to match the hats from last year.


Things are shaping up nicely for the race. It's going to be held at Mayo High School this year, which should be a great venue. Look for a bake sale (I'll be baking up a storm!), a food-themed silent auction, guest speaker (Angie and Laura's sister Melissa, who is a young breast cancer survivor), ... it will again be a wonderful event.

Back one more day ... Saturday evening, following Living History Farms. After I returned home, I picked up Pam and we met Kathryn at Zzest for some food and wine.

Kathryn, me, Pam (P.K.)
I'd eaten at The Bear's Den earlier (half a wrap, half a baked potato) so I just ordered the Bread Plate to be sociable (and to share with Kathryn and Pam).


Kathryn had the pork ...


and P.K. had the duck.


I had a bite of each and they were both delicious. This is a great place to eat. I highly recommend it. There are several tables and a long curvy bar. I think that Zzest should do very well with the addition of Trader Joe's on the other end of the shopping center. Margo joined us after finishing up at her church's auction. Another lovely, relaxing evening.

Which brings me to today's pickups and deliveries ... John Shonyo told me that he had the Bee's Knees Honey that I'd ordered and was willing to drop it off after work. (He's still got more and is running a special ... check his Facebook page or Blog for more info). Well, I was willing to put in a few miles and run down to his office downtown to pick it up. There was a hill workout going on and I thought I'd swing by there on the way to see who was out running the SW Rochester inclines. (O'Leary and Melby).



On the way to the 201 Building, I ran into Joey Keillor so we chatted for a bit. He wasn't able to run LHF as he was sick. :-( I told him how much I enjoyed it. :-)


He asked about my hammie. I told him it was sore after the race Saturday, but it's feeling much better now. I ran 12 miles yesterday morning :-) and 5.25+ this morning :-) and 10.37 doing this honey pickup run. :-) So ... I finally made it to John's office for the delicious honey. I've had some from previous years and it is indeed delicious.



Another wonderful delivery today ... my son Matt!! Here he is "modeling" his WSU biking threads.


He's home for the turkey feast on Thursday, and a little R&R (and a little cable TV and internet, both of which he and his roommate DO NOT have. I don't know how they survive without internet. I don't do TV either, except to occasionally watch the Vikings self-destruct.) The moon was gorgeous as I was finishing up my 10+ miler.


It was such a pleasant evening. 20 degrees, or just below that. No wind. Really nice. And I felt really good. I had about 4.7 miles in when I returned from the 201 Building, so I dropped off the honey and decided to keep running. Why not? Kept going until I had in just over 10. Lovely run. All good.

Today I made 6 loaves of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Walnut Bread. I posted a photo on Facebook.


I got a few comments right away (Tracy McCray and Andy Hemenway) and then decided to have a little fun with the 4 loaves that were not spoken for. I decided that the next two people to "beg" for a loaf would get them ... turns out it was Kristin Zhao and Ben Lyndgaard, straight from NY!! He and Kelly are here visiting family and friends for the T-giving holiday. It was wonderful to see them. I even found a couple of cookies for them.



Well, I guess that's it for "pickups and deliveries"!! Tomorrow I must get back to OBX. I've posted very little on the trip or the marathon (even though it's now old news, I'd like to do it). I did get my marathon splits off my Garmin the other day and I'll post those. It's obvious I didn't like running in the woods during a "road race" and it was obvious where I stopped to fill my water bottle.

I'll close with a few Vikings jokes from Rick. Sad but true ... And funny. :-)

The Minnesota Highway Patrol is cracking down on speeders heading into Minneapolis. For the first offense, they give you 2 Vikings tickets. If you get stopped a second time, ...they make you use them.

Q. What do you call 47 millionaires around a TV watching the Super Bowl?
A. The Minnesota Vikings

Q. What do the Vikings and Billy Graham have in common?
A. They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Q. How do you keep a Minnesota Viking out of your yard?
A. Put up a goal post.

Q. What do you call a Minnesota Viking with a Super Bowl ring?
A. An Imposter, or a thief!

Q. What's the difference between the Minnesota Viking and a dollar bill?
A. You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q. How many Minnesota Vikings does it take to win a Super Bowl?
A. Nobody Knows!

Q. What do the Vikings and a `possum have in common?
A. Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

Toodles.

No comments: