Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wow!!

Wow! 21 people showed up at Beetles tonight. It was GREAT!! A really fun mix of people. Let's see if I can remember most of them anyway: Bri, Lucas, Sherry, Jean, Mary, Mike, Andy, Casey, Tom, Tom, Rachel, Karl-Peter, Randy, Marv, Jim, Paul, Roger, Marilee, Tim, Dawn, me.


There was trash talk, fun talk, laughter (of course there was with Tom and Paul there!!). Lots of fun. Great to see Dawn--haven't seen her in a long time. Met Bri's husband Lucas. Talked to Sherry which I hadn't done in a while. So glad they all showed up. Let's hope for an equally awesome turnout next month (2nd Tuesday, 6:00 or after ... whenever you can make it.)

A few of us went out to the track first: Tom, Tom, Paul, Casey, Jim, Marv, Roger, Andy, me. (I hope I didn't forget anyone). The Rx was 16x400. Well, this morning I had intended to go down to the Y and swim, but the streets were terrible and school had aleady been cancelled for the day. So I stayed home and read magazines while doing a 2 hour stint on the StairMaster. Then decided to swim for an hour at noon. Wasn't sure if I was even going to the track but decided to. I was just going to run easy (BTW: foot felt fine today). But you know me ... I couldn't resist doing "just one" 1/4 mile with Tom and Paul. They were running 1:28s so I did a 1:28 with them. And then another. Then another at about 1:26. Then another at 1:25. Then the last of Tom and Paul's at 1:22 (I led that one). That was enough. I might go back later in the week and do some more. Or maybe not. :-)

LUABC this 'n that: Registration is going VERY well. We're already at 200+ runners. And with a dry forecast for Sat/Sun/Mon, that number should grow considerably. John had to order more embroidered fleece hats today. Paul at Superior Screeners assures us that they will be ready in time. We got two nice articles in the Post-Bulletin tonight: this one and this one by our volunteer coordinator, and freelance writer, Sarah Shonyo. We really appreciate the coverage. Boy ... I hope we have enough food. :-0

There's an article about MN runner Jared Mondry in the most recent issue of Running Times. He lives in the cities and places very well in his races. He medaled in the Rochester Half Marathon last year as well.

Speaking of articles, thank you Tom O'Leary and Andy Hemenway for your contributions to the March issue of RTC News. There's still time to send something in. Send them to me at newsletter@rochestertrackclub.com

Laura heard from a gentleman in St. Charles that is a wood carver. He read the LUABC articles in the newspaper and wants to donate a few hundred "hooters" to the cause. The "hooters" are hand-carved owls. :-) So generous of him to give to our cause. Here's a newspaper article: hooters.

Thought for the day: "Quitters never win, and winners never quit." How true.

Good night.

1 comment:

Team R.E.D. said...

Thanks hostess Renee... that was a fun social!