Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pooped!

It was (yet another) big workout day. It started at 5:15 AM with an 8.50 mile run with Bruce and Lisa. Kinda windy from the NW, but otherwise fine. Then I went into the Y and lifted, and then swam for 1/2 an hour. Then at noon, I met K.C. at the Y for a 5.12 mile run. By then, these legs were ready for some rest. Tomorrow, I think I'll take it easy.

Lest I get busted again, I had 4 or 5 fries last night at Beetles, along with my glass of beer. One from Tom Woo's plate and the rest from Roger. :-) There. I've outed myself!!

Supper tonight was salmon burgers.


(I just flipped one before taking the photo.) A can of salmon, chopped sweet pepper, fresh bread crumbs, sliced green onion, an egg, lime juice, ginger. Pretty good. And some roasted veggies.

There's a little mention of me in the Monday Post-Bulletin. Seems to be only the online version though. (5 years ago Monday I received the Dwight Pierson Award from the RTC.)

The LUABC results are in today's Post-Bulletin. There have been even more corrections made and the (hopefully) final version is posted on the LUABC results page.

From Tom O'Leary (Byron Team R.E.D. ):
Good morning all! There is an interesting opportunity for us to learn about the Stagecoach State Trail (a trail that would run from Douglas Trail in Rochester west all the way to Owatonna). There is potential for this trail to make connections to communities along the way, and Thursday we have chance to voice our opinions on that subject, as well as see maps, ask questions, provide input on things such as trail usage, surfaces and all that jazz. I think it would be fantastic if we were connected to this trail, what great opportunity for us to be heard. Where can we provide that input? At an Open House at the Byron City Hall, Thursday from 5pm-8pm -- Please share this information with all you think may be interested --

I propose for this week's Team R.E.D. we start and finish at Byron City Hall, 680 Byron Main Court, NE (that in itself will show that there are people who will use this trail) If you can, please come approximately 5:30pm and visit the Stagecoach State Trail open house. Be sure to wear your running / walking gear (including headlamps if you have them) as we'll still plan to start our run/walk approx 6pm. (from city hall). Routes will be posted on the blog later this afternoon. If you can't make it for the Open House, that's ok, please still join us at City Hall at 6pm to get out there for our fitness moment! We'll run back to the City Hall (then drive over to the Bears Den to re-carb or if you wish to revisit the open house, you sure can at that time).
I will be there. I'm all for development of the trail system. I use them quite a bit and I think they're a wonderful resource, for biking, walking/running, inline skating, skiing, ...

From Mike Schmitt: A story about an 89-year old who recently jogged his 24,902.55th mile in the U of M gym, finishing his "jog around the world". Amazing. And lots of record keeping.

From Lisa Pelowski: My name is Officer Jesse LeBlanc, a full-time peace officer with the Walker Police Department. I am e-mailing departments around the state to promote a fundraising triathlon that will support our local community center and shed a positive light on L.E. and E.M.S. This event is called Chase the Police Triathlon (http://www.walkertriathlon.com/). The triathlon will be like any other triathlon except the L.E. and E.M.S. will lead the race in the first wave and the other athletes will chase the police. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

From Andrew Becker: 2 new off-road triathlons in the midwest.http://www.xterraforestdrive.com/ and http://www.xterrasugarbottom.com/ The best bargain triathlon I found was in Iowa---$20 http://www.iowalakes.edu/smithwellnesscenter/events/tryathlon_registration.htm


There's an indoor tri at the Y again this year. Sunday, March 14 @ 8:00 AM. Short course: 1/8 mile swim, 5 mile bike, 1.5 mile run. Long: 1/4 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 3.2 mile run. Early bird registration ends 3/1. Questions? Email Robin Chambers.

Happy February birthdays to the following RTC members: Jeff Anderson, Ivonne Benzo, John Dinusson, Keith Garvens, Mary Jo Habermann, Michele Hanson, Larry Kleppe, Angie Macken, Peter Maves, Kim Moeller, Justin Murray, Dave Nagorney (milestone), Dave Phillips, Fred Regennitter, Christopher Russi, Richard Schindler, Lee Weinhold, Tom Woo, Roxanne Bartsch.

Lots of fun stuff on sale at SkirtSports including my favorite swimsuit which runs long, so it actually FITS!!

For Valentine's day, there were samples of "Brewer's Brownie Bites" (Jen is the Y dietician) at the front desk. Take a package of brownie mix, 1 egg, 2 egg whites and 1//3 c. yogurt and mix together and pour into mini muffin tins (about 1/2 full in each cup). Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. They were very good! Believe it or not, I still have one corner of one of these little brownie bites left. I think I'll finish it off right now ... I think I've earned it today. :-)

Here's a cute little story from Rick that will make you smile:

Why Parents Drink


A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to 'Dad..' With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Dad:

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you. I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice. But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercing, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it' s not only the passion...Dad she's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children. Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She deserves it. Don't worry Dad. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love, Your Son John

PS. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than a Report card That's in my center desk drawer. I love you. Call me when it's safe to come home.
Hope you're enjoying the sunshine and seasonal temps. It's nice to see a little melting going on. Hope to see lots of you tomorrow in Byron.

Toodles.

No comments: