Friday, February 12, 2010

Confessions

Busted. Again. I neglected to mention that I snitched one, single, french fry off Randy's plate last night. Busted. Totally. (BTW: The fry was salty, hot, and delicious. I loved every calorie. :-)


I confess that I'm getting nervous about not having enough food for LUABC on Sunday. We've got 295 pre-registered, which is wonderful. But we've got food for 300. We'll for sure have more than 300. It looks like I'm going to have to make a food run at some point. And I still don't know if I'm going to run. It's going to be warmer on Sunday morning than it will be tomorrow morning. And it would be fun to be out there with my running friends. But I feel bad about leaving my food volunteers, no matter how they try to convince me otherwise. But ... it's a good problem to have. THANK YOU to everyone who is volunteering, running, donating. You're all very much appreciated.

I neglected to mention my Thursday morning workout. Run to the Y (it was chilly), lift, swim, run home. This morning? 2 hours on the Stairmaster. 30 minutes on each of 4 programs at level 16. My usual workout. But it helps me catch up on my magazine backlog.

Another confession. I've leaked this little secret to a few people, but I'm ready to go public. Here goes. When I run at least 20 miles, I give myself the option of purchasing, and eating, a chocolate-frosted, creme-filled long john at Kwik Trip. Gotta be Kwik Trip. No nuts. No sprinkles. Straight up. My idea of junk food heaven. I know it's basically sugar and lard, but a girl's gotta have one little vice. A few times a year ...


I feel much better that I've gone public. :-) Speaking of junk calories, check out this event that Mike Schmitt emailed me: Krispy Kremes and running You gotta eat a dozen of those things and keep them down. Not I. No way. Here's some "nutritional" info passed along by Mike: a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts has 144 grams of fat, 120 grams of sugar, 1,140 milligrams of sodium and 2,400 calories.

A few of us have had some fun offline with this photo of Tom O' at the RTC banquet. It just jumps out at you, not? BTW: It's a sconce on the wall.


My friend Kathryn got these beautiful flowers delivered at the office today. They're spectacular.


Jim Mason is collecting feedback on the RTC banquet. If you have some, you can either post it via a comment on this blog or email it to Jim. Here's what he's looking for: "How was the food? How was the location? Did you like the seating arrangements (round tables? 1. I loved it 2. Liked it 3 It was OK. 4 Didn't like it. Any comments good or bad would be much appreciated."

Today, I've made 5 loaves of bread (two pumpkin chocolate chip, 2 braids, one oatmeal) and a batch of cookies. I think I'm going to need to make more cookies tomorrow (LUABC). I am reaching the baking saturation point. Quickly. I picked up 24 cases of Dippin Stix (apple slices and caramel dip) at Reichel Foods, a couple of cases of bananas at Kwik Trip, and 300 string cheese from AMPI today. A few stops left tomorrow.

There's more to post, but I've got to let this one go for today. It's been a full week. And bound to get fuller. (? More full?) Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Your donut habit is too funny and only last night I was thinking of stopping at the nearby donut store for a treat after my next long run! Hope all goes well with your race!

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
I will see you tomorrow!! I am getting up early and driving to Rochester. I can't wait to meet you! I am bringing my camera so be prepared to smile:)

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
Thanks for the tip on bringing spikes...I do have some:) I had to smile at your comment about you running it slow and just for fun...your slow and just for fun will smoke my I am trying really hard to run really fast time:)