Friday, February 19, 2010

Booked

Busy, busy weekend ahead. Had a wedding rehearsal at church this evening.

I am a wedding coordinator, and my job is to make sure everyone knows what they're doing, when they're supposed to do it, and make sure they're doing what they're supposed to be doing ... on time. It's basically a big checklist of minutia, but it all needs to get done. (Some examples: pre-light the candles on the unity candle so the first time they're lit isn't during the service--candles can be tempermental; line everybody up in the right order before they go down the aisle; make sure there are bulletins and kleenex on the parents' pews; deal with loose buttons on tuxes; fix broken flowers on corsages; pin on corsages; vacuum the carpets after pictures; light the aisle candles;  ...) It's fun. Tomorrow I get to play custodian too and clean up after the ceremony. They invited me to the rehearsal dinner this evening, but I decided to come home instead as Eric decided to come home for the weekend. : )


For supper I made chili (Wendy O'Leary's delicious recipe, with 3 kinds of beans, and I discovered that I forgot to add hamburger as I was eating a bowl!) ...


corn bread ...


roasted asparagus with a little soy sauce and balsamic vinegar ...

and apple/pear/pecan harvest salad.


Tomorrow, Eric's request is for chicken wild rice soup. I have a turkey breast in the freezer, and he said turkey wild rice soup would be an acceptable substitute.

This morning's workout: run to the Y, lift, swim, run home. One of my running cleats finally broke today. The strap had been getting thin, and it finally gave up the ghost. Still usable, but I'll be happy to retire them when the season is over. Tomorrow early, a long run. The marathon training class/group long runs begin for another season. (You don't have to belong to any organization or class to participate--just show up at the RAC at 7:15 AM).  I'm going to bring some banana bread (with nuts and chocolate chips) for after the run. I still have bananas from Sunday that need to get used up. They're just about at the perfect ripeness now for banana bread. Then it will be off to the wedding for the bulk of the day. Saturday evening there is a USATF banquet up in Edina and some of the River Runner gals are going. I was considering going until Eric decided to come home. It's just as well as I'd be pretty tired and that would be a late evening, after a pretty full day.

Fetzer 20K & 2 mile registrations are starting to trickle in. But I still need LOTS more runners and LOTS of volunteers. Please consider doing one or the other.

Something I heard on the radio prompted my newest poll. Hmmm...would I rather have a $1000 error in my favor in my checking account or have the scale be off 10 pounds in my favor? I think I'd go with the cash. However, if I could take off inches, rather than change some arbitrary number attached to my body (i.e. weight), I'd go with the inches. :-)

I heard today that two people that I used to work with in database at IBM got engaged on valentine's day. How romantic. I'm very happy for them and with them nothing but happiness in their future together.

Well, it's time to sign off. I REALLY need my beauty sleep. See some of you at 7 1/4 bells in the A.M.

G'night.

No comments: