Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sit!

As I'm sitting here (FINALLY sitting down ... it's wonderful after being on my feet virtually nonstop for 2 days!) I'm watching Apollo Anton Ohno speed skating. Segue to figure skating. Segue back to the 1984 Ice Dancing, Torvill and Dean dancing to Ravel's Bolero. It was stunning, and I still love to watch it. Here it is. Scored a perfect 6.0 from all the judges.



I did sign up for the half marathon this afternoon. But I'm doing it as a fun run. My legs are SOOOO tired right now, I'll be very surprised if I run under 2:00. I'll be carrying my camera and taking photos on the course as well, cheering, waving ... it'll be fun, but not fast. :-) The food situation is getting resolved. I asked Great Harvest if we could have their leftover bread at closing as our numbers are so high (approaching 400 and there's still registration open tomorrow). They said sure, and I came home with about 20 loaves of bread in addition to 300 cinnamon raisin bread nuggets.


 Laura and Angie stopped at HyVee and got about 100 bananas (they were on sale for 33 cents/pound today). So I think we're good to go. And I'll meet one of my "bleaders" tomorrow ... Julie from Maple Grove, which will be fun. And 7 friends from St. Cloud are coming down. It will be great to have them here too. :-) It'll be a really fun day.

I have my donations for the LUABC silent auction ready for bidding. The Bread & Jam basket contains: 1) a loaf of pumpkin chocolate chip bread (a quick bread),


2) a loaf of oatmeal bread (yeast),


 3) a braided loaf (wheat),


 4) 3 jars of jam (cherry, black raspberry and grape jelly).

And the cookie basket which contains: 1) Neiman Marcus m&M cookies, 2) Peanut Sitting Pretties, and 3) Cutout Hearts.




Here's a few snapshots from the day:


Early morning, I ran 10.90 with OSS, our last morning together for the season. We ran from Panera up around the lake. For those running tomorrow, the paths are icy. So be careful. I will be wearing my spikes as I have all winter save for one run. It was about zero, one below or something when I left.


 There was a beautiful hoarfrost again today.



I made my favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Super Chunk cookies for the morning run.


There was some SERIOUS trash talking going on early on. BY THE GIRLS!! Not fit to print here. :-) And at Panera, talk revolved around high school at one point. Randy revelealed that he was voted "Most Likely to Conceive". Ha!! My camera battery died just before the group left Panera, and I forgot my phone at home, so I have no photos of the group. :-( As always, it was fun.

Supper was some potato/onion pierogis sauteed in some olive oil and red pepper flakes and some onion and peppers.

And a salad and a sweet dumpling squash.


From Jean Murray: "RTC is looking for a donation of a monitor and printer that would be compatible with a reconditioned desktop PC (an HP mini-tower, with XP Pro , 1 GB memory and 100 GB disk). This equipment is designated for use in managing our membership roster." If you have something that might  be of use, please contact Jean.

There's much more on my list of general interest, but I absolutely have to get horizontal right now. My legs are so trashed and I want to give them an opportunity to recover, if only slightly, as I'll be on my feet for several hours before the (ahem!) race as well.

Hope to see lots of you at LUABC!!

No comments: