Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Run, Run, Run

Just returned from the track, (I did wear my dress!)


and some post-run carb reloading at Brothers.


Just me 'n the guys. :-) Decent enough workout. Paul was just flying tonight! As were Tom, Tom and Randy. We did a long warmup (I did 20+ minutes but didn't count laps) and then it was to be a timed mile as many of us still had weary legs from the race on Sunday. And then someone decided to continue the workout with an 800. And a 400. And a 200. And a 60. Whew. I was pooped. (I did 2 hours on the StairMaster this AM). Splits: 1600--6:13; 800--2:56; 400--1:22; 200--:37; 60--11. As we were discussing this evening, I really need to go into one of these workouts with fresh legs. I just have such a hard time getting up in the morning and not doing some kind of workout. I am the definition of compulsive, and my own worst enemy. Maybe I should switch to a Tuesday morning swim to save my legs ... I'm running with Lisa and Bruce at the Y at 5:15 AM. If you'd like to join us, just be at the front doors by 5:15. And not a minute later. :-)


The cold that manifested itself immediately after LUABC is doing better to day. Still have a scratchy, but not too sore, throat, a bit of a runny nose, and a little cough but I'm feeling much better than yesterday, or Sunday night. My ears finally unplugged this evening at 8:55 PM.

Long runs at the RAC begin Saturday at 7:15 AM. I believe the first week is usually scheduled for 10 miles. So I will probably get an early start. I'm hoping we can gather somewhere afterwards for breakfast. If you'd like to do so, bring a change of clothes. :-) I have to do a wedding on Saturday, but there will be time for breakfast.

212 hits on my blog yesterday. That's the third highest count as I recall. Thank you for stopping by!

There were a few issues with data, and therefore results, for LUABC. Results have been posted, and reposted, on http://www.luabc.org/ If there is a discrepancy, please contact runluabc@gmail.com

I was given a copy of a magazine I haven't seen before. Women's Running. It looks interesting. There's a website-- http://www.womensrunning.com/

From TriRochester: Our TriRochester Winter Bike Trainer sessions started on 2/8 at Rochester Cycle and Fitness. Despite the snowy weather, we had 8 people show up for the initial workout. Mark Carey is leading these workouts and he has posted the 2/8 workout as well as 2 additional suggested workouts on our web site. http://www.trirochester.com/ There will be 8 weekly group workouts, wrapping up on 3/29. There is room for a lot more people at the bike shop so come and join us. Workouts start at 6:45, get there a little early to set up. There is also a group workout being held at Xtreme Fitness in Kasson, meeting on Saturday afternoons. See the TriRochester forum for full details.

The February Running Room eMagazine is available for download.

I better get to bed. Morning will be here before I know it. Toodles.

No comments: