Monday, February 8, 2010

Winter, winter and more winter

Enough already of the winter storm warnings. This is getting really tiresome. It was a beautiful snowfall, but it lasted all day and there's still another day's worth of storm warning to endure.


I ran 11.3 miles this morning, my now regular Monday hill route. My ankle was a little sore a couple hours after I finished (but fine during), so I'll give it some TLC. I rolled it on Saturday at 10 miles and didn't have any pain until today.

There are now 37 River Runners going to the Outer Banks marathon in November. What a fun time that will be!! Nikki is looking into renting a house (or 2) with like 10 to 14 bedrooms (and, yes, bathrooms) to house us all. By coincidence, we share a birthday although I think I'm old enough to be her mother. :-)

Registrations are rolling for Lace-Up Against Breast Cancer on Sunday. As of the weekend, 127 in the half marathon and 76 in the 5K. Hopefully with favorable weather, the numbers will be even higher.

Our Cooking Light meal was really delicious tonight. My favorite course was the slow-roasted salmon. It was just melt-in-your-mouth tender. Fabulous. Also really enjoyed the asiago rolls and souffles. Even the fennel, which I brought and was dubious about, was pretty good. :-) Pam chose our menu very well.


Looking for a little something for a running friend? Check out Cafe Press. Search for "running" and you'll get lots and lots of hits. Here are a few fun things I found:

I might have to consider getting this shirt. It's TOTALLY me. :-)


Just a very small sample of what's out there.

Reminder: Tuesday is a track workout at the University Center fieldhouse (I'll see how my foot feels)  around 5:00 this week and a social gathering at Beetles (I'll be there for sure) at 6:00. Hope to see lots of you there.

I got the last of my m&m cookied baked for LUABC. About 360 in total. Plus about 400 to 500 cut-outs. I think we're good to go.

Spent much of the afternoon on race "stuff" --- checking with all the LUABC food donors for pick-up times, deciding on a Fetzer logo after polling a bunch of running friends (the one on the left was a clear winner, and the shirts are long-sleeved)


created my Fetzer registration spreadsheet and downloaded the online registrations, yadda, yadda, yadda ... There's always something to do in the life of a race director.

Enough for today. Until tomorrow ... ciao.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
I love the t-shirt...it is totally you:)