Saturday, February 6, 2010

Whew!!

What a full day. I think I'll just touch on the highlights and leave the slideshows for tomorrow. I'm dragging.

First off: 20.26 mile run this morning. The temp was 24 degrees which was a pleasant change. I am getting a bit tired of ice, slush and snow however. I ran the first 10 by myself at 6:00 and the second 10 with the crew at Dunn Bros. at 7:30.  I was so glad to see that Dave Morrill is back to running! I think he will still be able run Boston, which is great.


Afterwards, we gathered for coffee. And coffee cake. And Trevor and Andy (center and right below) just might be running Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon as well. Woo hoo!! It's much like Whistlestop (rural, small, flat) but the path is paved, not gravel.

I've decided on a fall marathon, along with 20 other River Runner buddies--Outer Banks, in NC. What a fun way to turn 50. : )

After the long run, I made a quick stop at the Farmer's Market for some more winter produce.

Beets, carrots and a red onion.

Randy gave me some beautiful garlic from his garden.

Little did he know, but I had a jar of blueberry jam for him. : ) I think I got the better deal.

Then the gals gathered at my house for the LUABC cookie baking extravaganza.

I didn't count, but we made hundreds and hundreds. Pictured are Kristin, laura, Amy and Abby.

I got a call from my new Canadian friend Penny's husband. Her surgery went well. She had to deal with the aftereffects of anesthesia for a while, but I'm hoping that her leg is feeling much better.

This evening was the RTC annual banquet. Our guest speaker talked of his life with MS and was inspiring. Awards were presented. Congratulations to ...

Jim Mason (Outstanding Service Award)

Tom O'Leary (Outstanding Service Award)

Steve DeBoer (Dwight Pierson Award)

John Shonyo (President's Award)

These are all very well-deserved. These guys do a lot for the running community and I think these were excellent awards. Well, I guess at least one person submitted a nomination for and at least 2 people voted for, myself getting the Runner of the Year Award. Thank you so much for the honor. I am very humbled.

Reggie Oeltjen's wife made him a wonderful running T-shirt quilt. What a keepsake.

Time to turn in. I can't possibly fit any more into this day. Good night.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
Congrats on getting the Runner of the Year award:)

Team R.E.D. said...

Congratulations Renee! What a great year you had... and you're rolling into 2010 looking ready to keep it moving!