Thursday, February 18, 2010

2 + 6.92, 3/2 and .87

Curious??? 2 hours on the StairMaster this moning. 6.92 miles this evening in Byron, a 3/2 delivery date and an 87 cent clothing purchase.

No need to expound on the StairMaster workout. You tell it what to do, and it does just exactly that. So it was my usual 4 x 30 minutes on 4 different programs.

6.92 miles in Byron. I parked at Bear's Den and then ran over to City Hall (.77 miles), where the run was to begin and end, and where we were able to look at info and ask questions about the proposed Stagecoach trail from Byron to the Douglas Trail. John Dinusson was there representing the trail folks.


And then we were off. And we still had some daylight, which was a nice change. We deviated from the prescribed route a bit, but all's well that ends well. :-) It was one of my few "spikeless" runs this winter and there were times I sure could have used them. Then it was back to the Bear's Den for the "eat" and "drink" part of R.E.D. (We'd already covered the "r" part.) and MORE trash talk (BRI!!)


My ears are all plugged up with this cold. Felt like I couldn't hear anybody. Tom Woo definitely takes the cake (or banana bread in this case!) for the biggest slice 'o carbs for the night.



I have no idea how this skinny guy can eat like this!! The one on the left is Ann's average slice. Here's Mike explaining how to snowboard "goofy-footed". :-)

 

I'm just taking it all in. :-) (That's Paul Chmielewski on my left.)

I also took in a baked potato. Hit the spot. I did NOT eat all that sour cream, thank you very much!


Tom and Ann were the winners of this evening's Bear's Den gift cards as the results of besting the rest of us at rock/paper/scissors. I was out in the first round. :-)



So, this afternoon, after running a bunch of errands, I stopped at the mall to finally pick out a dishwasher. I went back to Sears and narrowed it down to two of them. They want $199 to install the new one. I am willing to give this a go! The sales gal says this little bag contains "everything I'll need" to install the new one. :-)


The new one won't arrive until 3/2. It's a middle-of-the-road Maytag, and is supposed to be quiet. (58 decibels). Randy is taking bets that I'm going to end up calling a plumber to undo my mistakes in attempting to install it myself. Stay tuned!! Game on!!

Then I went to JCPenney where I had a $10 off a minimum $10 purchase. Well, I found some "unmentionables" that were exactly $10. Net ... free!! And I had 2 x $20 and 2 x $10 certificates at GAP for using my GAP VISA card (currently you get triple points ... and occasionally they'll send you a $10 card if you use it 3 times in a month at a store other than GAP). So I got these "hip slung slim flare pants" which were 25% off since they're a "new arrival" and used two $20 freebie certificates. The net cost to me for this stuff?


87 cents. I love a deal. :-) When I was at GAP, I noticed these jeans with paint splatters on them. I can't see buying brand new jeans that look like they're ruined!! I looked for them online but could only find them in khaki. Meanwhile, I also ran across these patch jeans. NOT a good look. And they're $79.50!!Here's the  paint splattered khakis.

Here's a link from K.C. showing the U.S. snowcover. Snow on the ground in the lower 48. snowcover

My River Runner triathlete friends have a new Tri/Du page. Check it out! It was fun to watch the swim videos.

Time to hit the hay. Busy weekend coming up, and I'm behind on my sleep. AGAIN.

Good night!

No comments: