Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fun, Fun, Fun! Just got home from Byron. Fun, fun, run! No other way to look at it. A screamin' 5.33 mile run followed by raucous laughter. Doesn't get much better than that. I love to listen to Paul Melby tell a story, and he has plenty of them ...


especially while enjoying a beer. He's a stitch. :-)


It was a good run. Matt (Hurricane), Aaron and Mike got out in front early. I let them go. :-) Then I reeled them in, all except Matt. He was about 50 yards ahead and I ran out of real estate. My GPS was dead so I didn't get a time, but it felt like 5 miles of tempo running, especially the last 2 or 3 ... and that long climb back up to the school ... ouch. But it was good for me. And guess what? I'm an official Team R.E.D. member now. I'm holding out with Rachel for an XS shirt so it won't be officially official until sometime in the future, I guess. :-) And ... I left without paying for my Diet Pepsi. I am SO busted. I feel awful. Especially after our server said she loves my cookies and wants the recipe for the oatmeal ones from last week (another server STOLE one from her!). All I ate out there was about 5 M&Ms, a corner off a heart cookie and a little popcorn. Not hungry for some reason, which is odd for me. But I had a piece of bread when I got home. Figured I'd better eat something.

Check out the Team R.E.D. blog. Tom posted these pictures of Paul and Marilee running the marathon:

and Tom is taking comments as to who look better. If you haven't heard Paul tell his Whistlestop marathon story, you ought to. It's hilarious.

I signed up for the Disney Princess Half Marathon March 7. Lisa and Ellen are going down for it and they said I could crash their party (driving over from Sarasota) so we'll have a really fun girls' weekend! We had to pick a "princess" during registration. I chose Snow White. I want to boss the 7 dwarfs around. :-)

Made MORE cookies today. I'm actually reaching the saturation point on cookie baking (SHOCK!!),



 but the end is in sight. I think I have enough to: 1) send to Lana in TX, and 2) fill my basket for LUABC (I donated a basket of cookies for the silent auction). I will have to bake bread for my bread and jam basket donation yet. But I'll get 'er done. Turnout is looking very good for Sunday. I think Mike said we're at about 235. And expecting lots of registrations the day of. I'm still thinking of running (but not racing). That is unless I have to run out for more food at the last minute ...

It's late and I'll save the rest for tomorrow. Good night.

3 comments:

Team R.E.D. said...

You also ate a french fry off Randy's plate... I saw you!

Unknown said...

I feel inspired to bake heart cookies today!

Julie said...

Hi Renee,
The cookies are very beautiful and I bet they taste pretty good too!!