Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We'll Go 'Round in Circles

And that's just what we did tonight. I arrived a little early for my warm-up as I was meeting 5 other gals for a movie (Up In the Air--George Clooney movie. It was good. Kind of sad. What he did for a living was fire people. And he found that he had nothing in his life. Even gave up having a home. When he thought he'd found someone, she wasn't available either. When the movie ended, he still had nothing.)

Anyway ... I did an 18 minute warmup and then 6 x 800 m and then a 12 minute cooldown. Splits: 3:07  2:59  3:01  3:01  3:00 3:03. My legs felt kinda sluggish after 20 on Sunday, 11.3 yesterday afternoon, 4 miles this am along with lifting and an hour swim. And I'm running with Bruce and Lisa in the morning. Hopefully they'll want to run S.L.O.W. : ) Some photos ...






Just an FYI: The RTC banquet on Saturday is at what used to be Holiday Inn South and is now Clarion. Corner of 63/Broadway and 16th St SW. SE corner of the intersection.

I now have 4 helpers with food at LUABC on 2/14. I just might be able to run. : ) I made another batch of m&m cookies this afternoon for the race. I'm halfway done. Should have 360. Hopefully registration will be really high and I'll be baking cookies at the 11th hour.

The Northface Endurance challenge has added some new events to their Madison, WI venue on Sept 18: "New Race Distances - Due to the number of email requests and participant survey feedback, The North Face Endurance Challenge, hosted by Dean Karnazes, will introduce four new race options in 2010. In addition to the 50 Mile, 50K, Half Marathon and 10K race distances, each of the five Endurance Challenge events will offer a Marathon, Marathon Relay, 5K and a run just for kids under 13!" Info at http://www.eventsonline.ca/events/endurancechallenge/?event=Midwest

I'm beat. Time to turn in. Good night!!

No comments: