Sunday, July 5, 2009

What Ever Happened To ...

... 79 and sunny?? Pretty yucky weather all day yesterday. Heavy, thick clouds, rain, sticky air. Not picnic weather, to be sure. Today looks to be much nicer.

I'd decided to run the 5-miler at Stewartville Summerfest, but not race it so as to not aggravate my "hip thing". When I headed down there, the rain started. I decided I'd run anyway and the rain let up minutes before the race started. Whew! But not the humidity ... really miserable. About 99%. Sultry. I ran a 37:24. S-l-o-w. But that was my intention. Didn't tweak anything!! I toodled around Stewartville until I had in just about 9 miles (mostly to keep warm!) while the 3-milers were running and before they did awards.



Judy and I had planned to go for a 3-hour bike ride after Stewartville. But the off and on rain and unpleasant weather conditions just wouldn't let up. So she decided to bag it. Matt and I went to the garden and picked peas instead. LOTS of peas. About 3 gallons. Guess what I'm going to do today??

Also got lots of broccoli, sugar snap peas and kohlrabi.

Well, Judy called mid-afternoon wondering if I still wanted to ride. I did! She had to finish up what she was working on at work and then would head over to my house. So I tinkered around in the yard and we set out about 4:30. Got done at 7:20. I was pooped! But we had a good ride. Mission accomplished. Had I swam .9 miles, I'd have gotten in my 1/3 Ironman ... (I'm going to open water swim today) After the ride, I was pretty hungry and was craving ... yup, a salad.

Mixed greens, a nectarine, raspberries, blueberries, red onion, sugar snaps, almonds. Should have added a protein source.

More later ... another even busier day today ...

No comments: