Monday, July 20, 2009

I Now Have ANOTHER Blog!!

Just for recipes. Thank you to Kathy, a St. Cloud River Runner , for suggesting that I have a spot for recipes. So the best way to do that, I think, was to create another blog: Ramblin Recipes It will take me a while to get all caught up, though. But when I post a recipe here, I'll post it there as well.

Today's workout: Run down to the Y (2 miles), lifted, swam 1 hour, ran home (2 miles), ran another mile. Done.

Spent a while this afternoon working in the garden. Very pleasant afternoon to be outdoors. Hoed/weeded/watered.

Picked some broccoli, sugar snap peas and the first of the green beans.

I don't know if you can tell from these photos, but the deer are doing a number on the plantings in the yard ... AGAIN. Happens every year, just a matter of when. They ALWAYS eat all the blossoms off my day lilies. Every single one. I don't know why I don't just pull up all of the plants and be done with it.

Same deal with my impatiens on the front steps. The plants in the front of the pots have been munched off.

Yesterday during our LUABC meeting, Angie saw a deer walking down the sidewalk. Argh!! Why can't they just munch on all the stuff in the woods???

[Justin Morneau just hit a GRAND SLAM!! Followed by a home run by Michael Cuddyer! The As pitcher isn't going to last long, I have a feeling ...]

This evening the Rochester Half Marathon committee met at the Shoppes at University Square, where we usually meet. Pictured below: Jean Murray, Jennifer Woodford, Kevin Torgerson, Lin Gentling, Sonja Kranz.

Sonja, Steph Bagniewski (just walking by!) and K.C. Reed.


Race day will be here before we know it (Aug. 22).

Well, today is one of those days where I need my beauty sleep. Time to hit the hay. [And Justin Morneau just got another home run ... a 3 run homer. The As are really taking a whoopin' tonight. Go TWINS!!]

Good night.

No comments: