Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend, cont'd.

It's late ... 10:38 PM so I'll make this a quick one. I'm trying to get the Women's Race photos into a photobucket slideshow but either my PC (most likely) or Photobucket is unbearably slow. Here we go ...




Went on a 50.32 mile bike ride this afternoon. Up to Pine Island via Salem Corners and Byron. Nice ride. Nice NW wind. Wunderground said it was 3 mph from the NE. Not. So. Much. But I enjoyed the ride. I decided to come back home the same way I went up, which I hadn't done before. Everything looks so much different going the other direction.

Tonight after supper Matt and I went to DQ. I figured that a couple times each summer a DQ cone should be on the agenda. I had one with Cathy Torgerson on the way home from the Mpls Marathon, so now maybe I've reached my quota for the season. :-) I enjoyed every bite. Matt said he would only go if we stayed there, sat at a table and enjoyed it. He's been on my case to relax a little bit each day. It's very hard. I'm pretty tightly wound. And I've not read the newspaper in a week ...

Tomorrow morning is my swim with the Orcas masters' swim club. Then after work it's my baking frenzy for the fair. Entries are due by 8 PM. I don't have a recipe for the chocolate baking contest yet so might have to nix that entry. Since I won last year, I feel like I'll be a failure if I don't win again, so maybe it's just as well if I don't enter. :-)

Well, my alarm is going off in precisely 6 hours. I better sign off and leave the rest for another day. I'm not operating on enough sleep these days ...

Sweet dreams.

No comments: