Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Close Encounter of the TWINS Kind

My son Eric was at the Twins game last night and after the game they went out. Who should they run into at the same establishment, but 2 players--Delmon Young and Anthony Swarzak. Eric talked to them for a while. I asked if there were lots of people around them and Eric said no--they were by themselves. Funny conversation. Ask me about it sometime ... (Eric didn't want me to post it.)

Well, I've redeemed my cookie-baking skills. But only SLIGHTLY. I went back down to the fair this evening, ran down there actually, and checked out the Domestic Arts building again. My Chewy Chocolate Cookies did win a 3rd place ribbon.



So ... it cost me $2 to get in to find out I'd won a 50 cent premium check. Ha! (Yes, they do issue you a check for 50 cents and if you're not there to pick it up on Sunday, they'll mail it. :-) The first place ones must taste amazing, because they looked like little rocks. :-) Second place entry looked very nice indeed.




All non-sale clothing at Running Room is now 15% off thru August 9.

Today's workout(s): Ran down to the pool and swam with the Orcas masters club again for an hour. Ran home. Then ran another 4.5 miles. Ran down to the fair and home for 6.82 miles.

Here was my 8 PM dinner. Yeah, you guessed it. Yet another salad. With black raspberries that I picked this afternoon and some lemon chicken kabob meat. Fresh apricots. Sugar snap peas from the garden. Etc. Very tasty. And for dessert ... the last cookie baked for the fair. A Snickerdoodle. :-)

Thought for the day: "It isn't the load that weighs us down--it's the way we carry it."

Carry on.

No comments: