Monday, July 27, 2009

Sleepless in Rochester

So I figured I might as well get up and finish up my posting for the weekend. Let's see ...

Yesterday when I got up, I added some more recipes and photos to my recipe blog Then it was off to church. Matt played a couple of pieces on trumpet during the service(s) ...

along with April, our director of music, on the piano. They did a great job.



After church, I made a batch of cherry jam and froze the rest of the cherries for a pie during the winter.

After that, I left for my bike ride. As I mentioned in the last post, I went to Pine Island. I'd noticed LOTS of motorcycles out on county 5, more than I'd ever usually see. When I got to Pine Island, I wanted to refill my water bottle. Part of the main street was blocked off, and the doors to the fire station were open, so I went over there. It looked like every firefighter in Pine Island was there, with their bright red P.I.F.D. shirts on. So I asked if there was a place that I could fill my bottled. Sure, they said. Come on in. He asked if I wanted ice cold water. How nice. Sure, that would be fine, I said. He filled by bottled with a couple of plastic bottles that they had chilling. Also, whatever they had cooking smelled so good. I asked what was going on. He said it was the Ride for Ronald McDonald house and this was one of their stops. Oh, yes. I'd read about that in previous years in the P-B. And that explained all the motorcycles out. I must have seen about 100 of them between the ride up and the ride back. Anyway, I enjoyed the ride but was ready to be done when I got home. My legs were tired.

Saturday, I had a wedding at church. I'm a wedding coordinator--I make sure the day flows as it should, tend to all the details, etc. I also know the family, and they asked if I'd cut cake.


This reception was held at the church. The first time that happened during the years I've been doing this. One of the families there with a son in the wedding was the Verkerke family, including Jeff and Lisa. Turns out they're both runners and we have friends in common: Tom O'Leary, John Shonyo, Kit Hawkins. We had fun talking both Friday and Saturday.

We need LOTS of volunteers for the Rochester Half Marathon on 8/22. If you can volunteer, and please, please consider it, contact Jean

Just a tidbit from the P-B article on Jeanne Block, Women's Race director ... she's not a skateboarder. She's an inline skater. We got a chuckle out of that.

Well, it's soon time for me to head down to the pool. Have a wonderful day.

No comments: