Friday, July 24, 2009

Not much is newsworthy today. Maybe the weather?? 1.75" in our backyard this morning/afternoon. I almost rode my bike to my 10:00 AM P.T. appointment but with the dark clouds to the north decided against it. Good decision! It just poured and poured right when my appointment finished. And I heard they had 2" hail in Dodge County. Nasty weather system, that's for sure.

I am doing a wedding at church tomorrow but will also be able to run the Rochester Women's Race (4 miles, Silver Lake) so I'm happy about that. It always feels tough because I run hard the whole time, but it's a favorite race. The atmosphere is always so much fun. As are the awards--handmade by Jeanne, all 27 of them. Every year. BTW: there is a story about Jeanne and the race in the P-B this evening. (Thank you Chris O'Brien for the link.)

I've decided to run the MDRA 15K on August 9 and the City of Lakes 25K on September 13. They're part of the USATF race circuit so I'll be running them for my St. Cloud River Runners women's race team. 15K is my favorite race distance.

I got an email from John Sfire, the Orcas masters swim coach and I'll be meeting him at the (outdoor) Soldier's Field pool at 5:30 AM for some swim instruction. I'm looking forward to getting some more help in addition to what Shaun Palmer has already done for me. I need ALL the help I can get!!

Today I did some bike shopping/looking at Bicycle Sports. I'll go back sometime soon and test ride them. They didn't want me to do any test riding with all the rain today, which was understandable. There are a few Specialized and maybe one Bianchi that I'll try.

Well, this is going to be a short post tonight. More tomorrow. There should be photos from the women's race.

Have a great evening!

No comments: