Monday, December 1, 2008

Ugh.

It's one of those days. Or two of those days, actually. I enjoyed a very nice run yesterday, but it was a pathetic workout. (I don't know about you, but as long as the landscape is looking so barren and brown, I think we might as well have snow so I'm happy that it snowed yesterday. Love running when it's snowing.) Today at the Y... pathetic workout #2. I was tired, weak, starving and extremely thirsty. I lift on M, W, F and I couldn't even do 10 reps of the bench press. I thought I was going to drop the bar on myself after 7. Should have had a spotter, I guess. And everything else pretty much felt more challenging than usual. Had to stop several times during the hour on the Stairmaster. (I know, I know ... I should have some cheese with this whine.) Oh well, this too shall pass. Good news for the day: I stepped on the scale (it's been a while) and I now weigh less than the weight I've been entering on the cardio machines. Kind of like on your driver's license ... who out there actually specifies their true weight?? Please don't tell me that I'm the only one who rounds down, weigh down, ...

Bidding is now open on the RTC website for 8 Dozen Holiday Cookies (baked by yours truly). Proceeds go to the RTC toward Fetzer 20K prize money. Bidding closes Friday at 5 pm.

Great news on the Polar Plunge team: Lionel Cheng has been inspired to join our merry little, but growing, band of plungers as well. And he too is willing to don the stylin' hot pink supermodel wig! The more the merrier I say. Glad to have him as part of the team. Anyone else wanting to join us is encouraged to do so!

The RRCA journalism awards materials have arrived for judging. So I have a couple of dozen newsletters to read and rate and about 100 pages of articles for club writer of the year. So much to do, so little time. Big sigh. But as a recipient of the award twice, I think it's appropriate that I give back.

RTC members celebrating birthdays in December: Dick Bhend, speedy Marie Boyd, Paul Christian, Steve DeBoer, Dan Diedrich, Dave Edwards, Silvia Fernandez, Margo Fitzgerald, Tammy Friedrich, Steve Gastfield, Lisa Glynn, Greg Hagen, Shaun Hamburgen, Marilee Hardyman, Tom Jacobson, Chris Kujath, Jane Manno (milestone), Jay Mitchell, Sharon Mulvagh, Carole Pasternak, Andrea Reinhardt, Drew Sciacca, Roger Snyder, Kevin Super Plunger Torgerson, Marisa Vaughn, Terry Wangen. Happy Birthday!

We have not received any nominations for RTC Runner of the Year as of this post. There must be some worthy candidates out there. Please consider submitting a nomination.

A blog reader, who happened upon my blog searching for a mutual friend of ours, posted a link to a wonderful video about friends reuniting after a separation. And they don't necessarily have to be of the human variety. Pretty neat. Thanks for sharing!



Funny post on Run Minnesota entitled leftovers. " I just ran 6 miles and my sweat smelled like stuffing. I love Thanksgiving. " I just had to chuckle. :D

Well, this is the week where my social calendar starts getting full. Very full. Wed: Carol on the Run (PLEASE join us!), Thurs: women's Christmas dinner @ church, Fri: Lorie Line concert, Sun: Christmas @ Luther, Mon: Cooking Light holiday get-together, Tues: lunch, Wed: RCLS moms' lunch, Thurs: RTC board holiday potluck ...

If you're interested in receiving a cookie recipe a day until Christmas via email, click here. Thank you Holly Ebel at the P-B for sharing the link.

Well, that's all I know. I'm exhausted. I do believe I'm going to take a nap.

Thought for the day: "Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon." --Dalai Lama

Cheers.

No comments: