Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow, snow and more snow

I really enjoy the snow ... but enough is enough, for this week anyway! The plow still hasn't gone down our street. It's 7:56 PM.

There were 20 or 21 of us this morning at Dunn Bros. Only 2 of us had festive headwear on. I had a Santa hat and Mike had antlers, which he shed before running. Oh well, there is only one real Santa anyway, right?? The snow started about 3 miles into the run if I remember correctly, and never quit. I ran with Sharon Mulvagh for the first half, Roger Heil and Dean Ferber for the second half. There were a couple inches by the time we got back to Dunn Bros. Some of us had 9 miles in, some up to 13. I was of the 9.05 mile variety. I really should pay more attention when the route is being explained ... I'm usually gabbing. I wanted to get in more than that, but also wanted to stay and socialize. Socializing won out. At least temporarily.



I was dressed just right today and didn't feel chilled sitting inside, so I went back out by myself for 6.21 more miles. It was GREAT. I really do enjoy running in the snow. It wasn't terribly windy and the footing wasn't bad. I could think all the pleasant thoughts I wanted to, and just kept running and running and running.

Next week there will be no Off-Season Striders run. We will instead gather for the Polar Bear fun run & lunch at the Y at 11:00 AM. Feel free to start as early as you like to get in the mileage you want. It would be great if you'd join us afterward for lunch. It's FREE!! And leftover race T-shirts will be given away. Bring your family and friends.

My niece Kaleigh and nephew Andrew had fun playing in the snow today. I think they're awfully cute.



Matt and I made a date to make lefse. Christmas Eve. Should be an interesting adventure. It hasn't worked out very well for me in the past. But I'm willing to give it another go, as we enjoy lefse.

Well, it's a slow news day. So I believe that's it for this post. Have fun digging out from all the snow. Stay warm.

Quote for the day: "I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." --William Penn

No comments: