Thursday, December 4, 2008

There Aren't Enough Hours in the Day

(Updated 4:20 PM.)

Amen. Life is starting to approach frantic pace. So much to do. So little time. It's pretty much all my own doing, though. :-)

It was such a pretty snowfall this morning. Eric, my son who's in Spain, can't wait to see the snow so I thought I'd take a photo to send him. He and I both enjoy the snow ... for a couple of months anyway.

I will get Carol on the Run slideshow posted, but later. Here's a group photo:


Nice turnout, a very pleasant evening for just over 6.0 miles of running, and I believe a good time was had by all. 16 of us held in there for all 4 stops. My favorite stop was the last ... Ronald McDonald House. We started singing and a few more people would trickle into the area. They clapped. One little boy even said "one more song", for which we sang two more songs. :-) I decided that one little boy, the only one out there in a wheelchair, needed a special little greeting. His name is Casey and he's from Eugene, OR (runners' mecca). He gave me permission to take his photo. I could have stayed there quite a bit longer.

Noteworthy news at Running Room: The price for the Resolution Run won't go up again until 12/26. Buy a pair of asics shoes and get a free pair of special edition asics socks or a black mesh asics bag. Buy 3 pairs of Wigwam socks and get a pair free. There's a stack of the latest issue of RunMinnesota by the register ... yours for the taking. Latest issue of the eMagazine is available for downloading. There's a 20% off coupon on page 14, and my "Peanut Sitting Pretty" cookie recipe on page 13.

The first two Fetzer active.com registrations came in yesterday. Whoo hoo! It's never too early to register.

The current high bid on the 8 dozen holiday cookies is $40. Bidding closes tomorrow (Friday) at 5 PM. Bid high. Bid often. Thanks. (Funds go to Fetzer 20K prize money fund.)

111 hits on this little blog yesterday. :-) 110 on Monday. 95 on Tuesday. Thanks for reading. I get an email report each day with total hits for the day and a breakdown by hour. The busiest hours yesterday: noon, 2 PM, 6 PM, 10 PM. Fun facts to know and tell. :-)

RTC board member Lin Gentling coached the U.S. women's 100K team to a second place finish in Italy in November. Story .

Totally useless information ...

Are you bemoaning the cold? Just think ... the world, or at least your garage, is now a supplemental refrigerator, soon to be freezer. ;-) Gotta look at the bright side...

One of my many idiosyncrasies ... I can't stand those big clods of dirty brown frozen slush that collect behind the wheels on the car. I'm forever kicking them off.

Gotta run. Later...

I'm back. Had to meet a lighting consultant at church. A few guys are remodeling a room at church and asked me to do the decorating part of it. 'Sure,' I said. 'I can do that.' (I'd done this when we remodeled the church a couple of years ago.) I'll get it done. Somehow. Sleep is overrated. :-)

The promised slideshow:



Latest Polar Plunge sponsorship quote, from George Huston: "The official rules state that you stay in the water 1 minute for each dollar pledged." Brrrrrrrrrrrr ....... I don't think so, George!!

Tonight, ladies' holiday dinner at church. It smelled great when I was there earlier.

My friend Jeanne and I have gone to the Lorie Line concert every year for probably 10+ years. We're going again tomorrow evening. I look forward to a relaxing evening with her ... replete with plenty of girl talk. We're going to try to get into Chester's first for dinner. Neither of us have been there yet. I guess we don't get out much. :-)

Thought for the day: "If you do not change what you're doing today, your tomorrow will be no different than yesterday." --Unknown

Carry on.

No comments: