Friday, December 19, 2008

Cookies, Cookies, Cookies

Another beautiful snowfall this morning, but it prevented me from going to the Y to see the all the new equipment in the fitness center. I haven't been there since Tuesday morning. I heard on the evening news that we're going to get another 5-7" tomorrow. Very snowy December thus far.

There will be cookies for tomorrow's Off-Season Striders run tomorrow at 7:30 AM at Dunn Bros. / Elton Hills. Dark chocolate M&Ms (my favorite flavor) and chocolate chips.

You can either consume them there or bring them home. Remember to wear your festive holiday attire! (Santa hats, jingle bells, antlers, ...)

RTC final Grand Prix results have been posted. If you placed first, second or third in your age group, you will be receiving a gift card from Running Room. They will be presented at the banquet on January 10. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who participated in the grand prix events.

Here are a couple of photos from the Jingle Bell 5K held last weekend in Northfield. Chris O'Brien and Joker (thank you Chris for the photos) ...

and Deb Thomford.

From fellow foodie Mike Schmitt: Everything you could possibly want to know about butter (my personal favorite? Land O'Lakes -- it's on sale at Target for $2.50/lb. through tomorrow :-) and Rules for a cookie exchange. As always, I appreciate the links.

Had lunch with friends at Panera today. Here's my haul. Mary's beautiful cherry pie.

and Jeanne's cinnamon twists and cookies.

With everything I've baked and cookies from all the neighbors, there are thousands of calories sitting around this house!

Pat Brown ...sent me a story and photos about the Rocket City marathon for the next RTC newsletter ... unsolicited! Such submissions are most welcome. You will make your faithful editor soooooo happy by doing likewise. Hint, hint.

Eric's become quite the reader since going to Spain, saying he now prefers that to TV (I'm all for that!). He read Twilight on the plane from Madrid (544 pages ... impressive) on Wednesday, then started in on some of my novels reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (one of my faves) yesterday and started Empire Falls today. He also wants to go out to lunch with me. I'm liking this ...

Thought for the day:

No comments: