Friday, July 8, 2011

The Tour

Decided to sit down and watch a little TV tonight, so I'm watching the Tour. I'm probably going to have the cable disconnected as I rarely watch more than 5 minutes of TV in about 6 months. But now with the Tour on, it's nice to have. (Going to disconnect the land line phone for sure.) But ... the house is going on the market soon so I'll probably just keep the cable 'til I get out of Dodge ... er, Olmsted. (Anyone want to buy a 4-bedroom colonial 1 mile from St. Mary's, 2 miles from downtown, on a nice quiet SW cul-de-sac??)

Last night, 6 of us rode rather than ran for Team R.E.D./B.E.D. I got a picture on the way over, but didn't get any during the ride. It's much more risky snapping photos in a pace line than when I'm riding by myself.




We rode about 21 miles I think. I got in 38.85 which gave me 339.93 for the last seven days (including an off day on Tuesday). I was thinking it was about 350, but I mis-added. So much for my math major. :-) Today I rode 37.







I had a tough night last night. 3 hours sleep. So I pulled over and sat on the steps of the East St. Olaf Church in Rock Dell for a few minutes.



I noticed a building I'd never noticed before in the cemetary across the road. After a bit, I decided to explore. It's a well taken care of home from 1856. And there are some furnishings inside. (It's locked but I got a photo from a window.)









I spotted my first ripe blackcaps on the way back into town so I stopped for a snack.



This afternoon I had a physical therapy appt. My therapist told me my hamstrings and hip flexors and quads were really tight. Yup. (Always have been.) And I had skinny little ankles. Yup. (They're ridiculously undersized for the rest of me.) And my left quad was weak. OK. Let's fix that! I got some stretching and "muscle reconditioning" excercises. And some hot-pink kinesio tape. How did he know that was my favorite color??!!



I'm thinking that tomorrow I'll ride out to Hayfield. I have to first go to the Farmer's Market to try to locate some golden beets for my Cooking Light supper club meal on Monday. Then I'll head out. 

Yesterday I picked up my peaches that I purchased from Youth For Christ. They're still rock hard so it will be several days before I start canning.



Then I had a full bread card at Great Harvest so I stopped in for a loaf of delicious Kamut bread.


Think I'm going to spend an exciting Friday night reading the paper and Bicycling magazine.

Good night ..................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you simply amaze me with your energy!

Diablo III items said...

Great report. this really is my first holiday to your blog. Many thanks for submitting a very good write-up. buy D3 items



Cheap GW2 items