Sunday, July 10, 2011

Legs and Lungs

It was sooooooooooo hard to get myself moving this morning. I was just so (sleepy) tired. Finally about 10:30, I went out to ride.


My Kinesiotape matches my outfit :-)
But it was already hot and sticky and I just didn't feel like sitting on my bike for a few hours. So I decided to ride hill repeats on Weatherhill Drive SW. If you've been up, or down, this hill you know it's quite the hill. It's a quarter mile long and VERY steep. And it gets steepest at the top.

Top, looking down

Bottom, looking up ... it curves around a bit

My goal was 10 repeats. I got that done and decided I had 2 more in me. So 12 it was. And nothing more. Total distance ridden = 18.35 miles. Short, but intense. When I got home I went to the pool and swam freestyle for an hour. That felt great.

This evening, Matt and I went to Jay and Joan's for a make-your-own-pizza-and-cook-it-in-the-wood-fired-backyard-oven gathering.




Jay

It's always so much fun and the pizza is delish. We bring our own toppings. I brought BBQ sauce, chicken, red onions and cheddar. Here's the result ...


Before

After

The expert pizza cutter


I made a batch of "The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies". Came home with zero cookies. They are indeed perfect. It's a recipe from Cook's Illustrated and their recipes are always good.

Tomorrow, I'll probably be canning peaches. And I'd like to pick raspberries. And go for a long bike ride. And my Cooking Light group is at Diane's. This is what's on the menu:

Barbara: Appetizer of choice
Mary: Bread of choice
Kathryn: Wine of choice
Margo: Cherry-Almond Crisp (p. 144)
Pam: Margarita Ice-Cream Sandwiches (p. 146)
Renee: Golden Beet Salad with Wheat Berries and Pumpkinseed Vinaigrette (p. 138)
Diane: Plank-Grilled Salmon with Grape Relish (p. 32)
Laura: Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes (p. 41)
I'm sure ... 1) the food will be wonderful, and 2) the company will be even better. Just as always.
 
Good night all.

No comments: