Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So Tired

Busy, busy, busy ... so tired. But that's the way life is sometimes. Just gotta get through it.

Yesterday while I was out working in the yard I snapped a few photos of some of my flowers.

Monarda (Bee Balm)

Purple Coneflower

Can't remember this one (Coreopsis?)

I just love flowers. So cheerful.

Someone in the running community is looking for input from ... runners!! She's looking for ideas for something useful that Mayo can put in packets for TCM.  The question is, "What's the best thing you've ever received in a runner's packet?" Some of her ideas:

Somewhat disposable gloves (the 1-size cottony kind that used to sell for ~$10/ 10pack at Fleet Farm)
Sample size: Biofreeze; no-chaffing stuff (looks like very small deodorant stick; I can’t remember name)
Sunscreen
Vaseline
Ibuprofen or Aleve
1-serving cereal; power bar or other carb product

Some other ideas:
Post-it note pad
Dr. Jack toy (not sure what this is!)
Bandana
Little size hand sanitizer
Disposable /Tyvec-type material pull-over

So ... if you have some thoughts on this please email me and I will send the responses to the gal at Mayo. THANK YOU!!

My sister is getting married in Chicago on Saturday and asked me to bake some cookies for the reception so in addition to everything else going on I've been baking cookies. 4 batches in the last 24 hours. Here are two ...


Cinnamon chip
The boys and I will take in a Giordano's pizza on Friday night. Yum. Double yum.

Morning workout: 10.08 miles and it was so steamy. And rained occasionally. But I got it done. And I'm glad. When I finished the run I signed up for the Minneapolis Duathlon on August 28, the day after the Rochester Half Marathon. I have to say that my responsibilities for that race were far from my radar. But I got jolted into reality this week when I got an email from someone asking about the med tent. Well, we now have a medical staff and medical tent, Gold Cross rig at the finish line, food and fluids ordered from HyVee, bread nuggets donated by Bread Baker Company (thanks Mark Grimes!) and Culligan donating bottled water for the water stops. Life just never slows down ...

Stopped at the PT office to get a roll of hot pink Kinesio Tape. So now I can wear pink stripes on my left leg for quite a while. :-)

Halloween candy is at HyVee Crossroads already. How wrong is THAT I ask you??


Well, I'm going to read the paper and then finally put myself in a horizontal position. So tired.

Good night all.

No comments: