Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day, May Day!

1:06:06 A new 15K P.R.  But, it wasn't pretty. It was windy going out, but that wasn't the reason. The perpetual leg cramps bit me. AGAIN. So frustrating. I could feel my feet cramping a little bit at mile 5, but the calves started going at about mile 7. And at the pace I was moving, I couldn't run through them, unlike marathon pace where I could. So, so frustrating. But it is what it is. Here's the lowdown: 6:37 6:58 6:51 6:58 7:09 7:05 7:08 7:23 (ouch!) 7:22 (again!) Previous 15K P.R.: 1:06:56 at the MDRA 15K in August, 2009. Previous P.R. on this 15K course: 1:07:40 in May, 2009. 2009 splits: 7:11 7:24 7:14 7:16 7:14 7:01 7:03 7:15 7:36. I think I ran a smarter, though slower, race last year. Me just after mile 6:



Afterwards, we went to Brothers for brunch. We arrived JUST in time to order breakfast food. So I ordered my fave ... a walnut pancake.


Thank you to everyone that volunteered. You're very much appreciated!! And thank you Tom and Jean for putting on a first class event.


Law enforcement even stopped by to check out the goings-on. : )



Check out Etta's latest post ... she went down to Lanesboro and rode 22 miles then ran 22 minutes then went to the local diner for lunch. Totally fun! Her post says, "Next time I'll have to invite my foodie, triathlete, friend Renee along for the ride, run and bite." TOTALLY!! I'm certainly up for that. She ran a great race today at the 15K as well.

Wanna run some trails on Tuesday? Meet Jim and friends at Quarry Hill at 5:15 for an easy 5.

Today's results have been posted: 15K  5K

Today's quote is lyrics from Nickelback's If Today Was Your Last Day.

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had, if today was your last day?
What if, what if, if today was your last day?

Against the grain should be a way of life
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try
So live like you're never living twice
Don't take the free ride in your own life

And would you call those friends you never see?
Reminisce old memories?
Would you forgive your enemies?
And would you find that one you're dreaming of?
Swear up and down to God above
That you'd finally fall in love if today was your last day?

If today was your last day
Would you make your mark by mending a broken heart?
You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars
Regardless of who you are

So do whatever it takes
'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life
Let nothing stand in your way
'Cause the hands of time are never on your side ...

Tomorrow? Road trip!!! Toodles.

No comments: