Saturday, May 29, 2010

Med-City Musings

Lots and lots of Med-City goings on this weekend. Whew! Busy. And ... there's a footrace in the midst of it all. This evening I'll be attending a pre-Med-City potluck with a bunch of other runners. Some have run 20+ marathons and some will be participating in their first running event tomorrow. Best wishes to everyone that's running, thank you to everyone who is volunteering and/or cheering. Congrats to Cory Hamernik who is running his first marathon tomorrow. He's a nice kid. Here's Cory with his dad Ross last year.


My friend Georgia needed a last-minute replacement for a relay team so I'll be wearing a relay chip for the first 1/4 marathon and handing that off. Here are the shirts ... they're technical this year.


Tonight I'm bringing Strawberry Pulled Pork sandwiches (pulled pork cooked along with strawberries, rosemary, garlic, ...) So this morning bright and early, I made some buns.


The pork is smelling mighty good. I'm getting hungry. I've really been paying attention to my hydration today, even though I'm just running half, so I feel kind of like a bloated beached whale. Then I made LOTS of cookies ... 123 to be exact. Matt was a huge help.

I had to get all my cooking done today as there won't be time tomorrow. (I've got two potlucks tomorrow.) I also made some rhubarb crisp and another loaf of the Quick Cheese Bread that I made on Thursday.

Eric is making final preparations before leaving for Costa Rica. I'm going to really miss him, and I'll worry about him. I've stressed how important it is that he keeps in touch. For my sake. :-) He's re-reading Harry Potter in Spanish.


He's going to take my iTouch with him. He loaded Skype on it and I got him a mic/earphones so it's now a phone. Pretty cool. $3/month.

Matt got a used trumpet in the mail yesterday. He gave me an intro lesson ... all I wanted to do was to be able to make a sound. I FINALLY did after some coaching from both boys.


From Tom O': Sunday Night Hike at Oxbow is on again this week. Meet at the 3rd Bridge at Oxbow Park at 6pm Sunday for a fun hike to the upper meadow. It's challenging, but wonderful out there!

That's it for today. Happy Weekend!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the half Renee--will I see you at the chester trail next weekend?? Stop and say hi!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a trombone to me....