Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Countdown

In 3 days another marathon will be in the books. Hopefully I'll have a finisher's medal. That's the plan anyway. Anything beyond that will be a bonus. It'll be another fun road trip with Erin and Andy, Trevor and Roger. And a chance to see lots of River Runner friends. And a chance to stay with Ron & Bonnie. And a chance for Erin and Andy and Trevor to meet and stay with a wonderful guy (Rick). All good!! I've started accumulating stuff in "the pile"--shorts, capris, tights, socks, arm warmers, calf sleeves, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, 2 hats, gloves, coat, shoes, socks, orthotics, Garmin, GU/HammerGel, electrolyte capsules, ... it takes a lot of "stuff" to run a marathon. Or cover all the weather possibilities anyway.

What a brutal wind today. I guess there were even some wind warnings out there. Wasn't even fun to be outside. And I'm freezing inside too. Just can't get, or stay, warm. I ran 5 miles this morning. That's it until the marathon. I'm thinking I'll probably be in Byron tomorrow at 7 PM for Team R.E.D. though I won't run. Andy mentioned walking for a bit, which sounds good to me.

I've got a little volunteer bleeding heart growing in the front of the house. If anyone wants it, let me know. First come, first served.

If anyone would like to read the May issue of RTC News, I'd be happy to email it to you. Just email me. As long as I spent the time to put it together, I'd like it to get read. And I know with the extra effort required to get it off the RTC website that it's likely not getting read much ... I'm also giving cookies to anyone who submits correct answers for the Who Is It? and Where Is It? photo contests. Congrats to Joann Johnson, Marilee Hardyman, Ron Giles, Mike Schmitt, Tom O'Leary and Paul Melby who have already scored cookies.

Etta emailed me about the Star of the North Games being held in Rochester on June 26. She said there was a noticeable lack of participation in track and field by the female segment of the population. So ... check it out. I see the 5K and the trail race have both been cancelled.

It's a slow news day. And I've been dragging all day so I think I'll turn in early.

Sleep well.

1 comment:

Team R.E.D. said...

it sounds like you're tapering for this one! Nice work!